Walmart: what’s next?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LaBelle

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Near Natchitoches
    Right after the word came out, I checked with my local Wally - I've dealt with the Sporting goods clerk for years. She said "No markdowns", as the current stock depletes at regular price, it won't be replaced.

I was going to offer like $5 a box for all they had, you know, just to help them remove that evil stuff from their precious little hands!

AZ2VET

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2017
    Ponchatoula, La.
    Wal-mart can choke to death on their ammo as well as everything else they sell.
    This place rolled into towns across this country and put local long time places out of business and now they want to try to tell us how to live, that we should give up our means of self defense after years of them behind the scenes donating to anti-gun groups. As I stated in another post I have not spent another penny in WAL-MART since they made this announcement and I will not.
    Wally world has joined the list of enemies of law abiding gun owners across the land and I will not aid the enemy in any way.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    Wal-mart can choke to death on their ammo as well as everything else they sell.
    This place rolled into towns across this country and put local long time places out of business and now they want to try to tell us how to live, that we should give up our means of self defense after years of them behind the scenes donating to anti-gun groups. As I stated in another post I have not spent another penny in WAL-MART since they made this announcement and I will not.
    Wally world has joined the list of enemies of law abiding gun owners across the land and I will not aid the enemy in any way.

While I hate Walmart too, they never put anyone out of business. Shoppers did, Blaming Walmart for why "we" stopped shopping local is denying personal responsibility much like those Libtards like doing.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Why are you so concerned with why he is so concerned about why everyone is concerned with Walmart?

Why are you so concerned why I’m so concerned with why he is so concerned about why everyone is concerned with Walmart?

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Traitor...

��

If you say so. In my time I’ve never lived near any decent mom and pop shops with anything decent as for inventory. I’ve never left a mom and pop shop because of price it’s only because of lack of inventory (they blame the lack of inventory on things before my time). Personally I feel like the generations before me screwed up mom and pop shops I’m 40 and I’ve always attempted to shop local but can only spend so much time riding around looking for things on my lunch hour because most of the local guys have bank like hours.

But look at how many people say they hate Walmart and won’t shop there but order ammo online, Those guys should be buying ammo at the LGS correct?

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    If you say so. In my time I’ve never lived near any decent mom and pop shops with anything decent as for inventory. I’ve never left a mom and pop shop because of price it’s only because of lack of inventory (they blame the lack of inventory on things before my time). Personally I feel like the generations before me screwed up mom and pop shops I’m 40 and I’ve always attempted to shop local but can only spend so much time riding around looking for things on my lunch hour because most of the local guys have bank like hours.

But look at how many people say they hate Walmart and won’t shop there but order ammo online, Those guys should be buying ammo at the LGS correct?

Correct!!! I must be doing it wrong by reloading? But I do buy those supply's locally.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker

I buy my ammunition by the case from Cajun Ammo in Baton Rouge when possible.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    While I hate Walmart too, they never put anyone out of business. Shoppers did, Blaming Walmart for why "we" stopped shopping local is denying personal responsibility much like those Libtards like doing.
    I agree, but Walmart definitely flipped after old man Walton died. Sold themselves as all patriotic in the days he was living, made in America! Now it’s hard to find much of anything they sell that’s not made in China, Mexico, Taiwan, India, Pakistan, etc..
    Their business practices are shoddy to say the least. I believe they’ve sold out to the feds, as well as many other things worse than putting mom and pop shops out of business.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I agree, but Walmart definitely flipped after old man Walton died. Sold themselves as all patriotic in the days he was living, made in America! Now it’s hard to find much of anything they sell that’s not made in China, Mexico, Taiwan, India, Pakistan, etc..
    Their business practices are shoddy to say the least. I believe they’ve sold out to the feds, as well as many other things worse than putting mom and pop shops out of business.

Hell, They act all pissie if you whip out a couple of hundreds and pay cash....It's almost like they can't trace what your buying?

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

All that and when you can actually get in a local shop while they are open and are willing to pay extra for buying local, you have a 50% chance of getting good/polite service. Some areas are better than others but buying local is a big ask when you take everything into account. But the big box and chain stores ain’t been hitting on much the last 10-15 years either. I’ve become more and more reliant on online stores with fast shipping.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom