Boomers?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    What the 'younger generation' doesn't understand is that the Baby Boomers created or invented most of the things they enjoy today...
    I agree but you have to accept the blame with the credit.
    Any boomers who talks crap about gen x’ers and millennials should consider who their parents are.
    Got to be the worst contribution the boomers ever contributed.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    What the 'younger generation' doesn't understand is that the Baby Boomers created or invented most of the things they enjoy today...

LOL No.

Some intelligent boomers paved the way for the younger generations, but technology is continually evolving thanks to some of the "younger generations."

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

And the Boomers don't understand that new technology and new methods are often actually a better solution to things that have been done the same way for 30 years ;)

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    And the Boomers don't understand that new technology and new methods are often actually a better solution to things that have been done the same way for 30 years ;)

Lol, Tell me that the next time the ATM won't work or...The power goes out in the check-out line...Your stuck Like Chuck...

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Lol, Tell me that the next time the ATM won't work or...The power goes out in the check-out line...Your stuck Like Chuck...

Who uses ATMs anymore? Besides, most banks have two or three ATMs outside nowadays. It's unlikely that all will go down. Plus there are always other ATMs at other banks that you could drive to.

And I don't go to stores frequently. If the power goes out and I was in line to check-out, I'd just leave. But where I live, power rarely goes out as literally everything has underground power.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Know how to use one of these?

Attachments

• stick.jpg
      stick.jpg
      24.4 KB · Views: 73

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Kids today cannot wipe their a$$ without googleing it or watching a you tube video
    Now that’s funny but remember boomers probably raised and educated the mush-heads.

I’m on the older end of the now millennial generation, originally they called us gen Y not sure why that changed it. The boomers are definitely responsible for the tech boom. Xer’s ran with it and the millennials figured out how to leverage the technology that we basically grew up with. I have a couple young guys at work that don’t know what a floppy disk is. I made a Christmas in July reference today and they didn’t get it.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    I have always found generational sterotypes fascinating and hilarious, we are a product of our environment. We live in a world that in the space of a year or so technology advances further than it did for centuries in the past... We are just in an unprecedented time in human society. Never before has the average Joe (or Jane) been able to affect the world the way they can now. We can broadcast ourselves for millions to watch in a instant, one person can freely project them self across the world. This has never happened before. People alive today remember a time when it took massive effort to communicate beyond trivial distances and developed habits around that. People are creatures of comfort and tend to lash out at change, well our world changes every 6 months now...

I personaly do not draw a line and say anyone older than this year is worthless, unable to adapt and stuck in their old ways. I look at each person individually and realize that they are doing what they are doing because it worked/works for them. I will gladly debate older folks on the world and why it is going the way it is going. I also believe that there is much the younger folks can learn from the old folks as well. Also one must remember that a generation that does not know history is doomed to repeat it.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Know how to use one of these?

I learned to drive on a 3 on the tree. Manual drum brakes all the way around, no power anything. Only options were 1} Heat 2} Am Radio
    My 1st Job I drove the company van built the same way but had a Radio Delete Plate. Both had straight-six. We were also required to check all fluids at days start and keep service records on the truck.
    I still listen to Vinyl the real "LP" And new 180-220 grams remastered sound great

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    As for all the generation gap talk, I’m neutral, but lemme just mention there weren’t no snowflakes til we got millennials and I’d rather be a boomer than a millennial.
    Yup, I’m neutral on that generation gap talk stuff...

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I have always found generational sterotypes fascinating and hilarious, we are a product of our environment. We live in a world that in the space of a year or so technology advances further than it did for centuries in the past... We are just in an unprecedented time in human society. Never before has the average Joe (or Jane) been able to affect the world the way they can now. We can broadcast ourselves for millions to watch in a instant, one person can freely project them self across the world. This has never happened before. People alive today remember a time when it took massive effort to communicate beyond trivial distances and developed habits around that. People are creatures of comfort and tend to lash out at change, well our world changes every 6 months now...

I personaly do not draw a line and say anyone older than this year is worthless, unable to adapt and stuck in their old ways. I look at each person individually and realize that they are doing what they are doing because it worked/works for them. I will gladly debate older folks on the world and why it is going the way it is going. I also believe that there is much the younger folks can learn from the old folks as well. Also one must remember that a generation that does not know history is doomed to repeat it.
    Well said

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    As for all the generation gap talk, I’m neutral, but lemme just mention there weren’t no snowflakes til we got millennials and I’d rather be a boomer than a millennial.
    Yup, I’m neutral on that generation gap talk stuff...

Sure there were, just not as many. The green weeny fake movement came from the boomer. Boomers were running the collective show when ‘PC’ culture took hold. High School rifle teams, and most all the Vo-Tech programs died out on the boomers watch.

Now there is no doubt that xer’s and millennials have taken the ball and run with it. The I’m special and people should care about my every thought mentally can be placed firmly on the shoulders of helicopter moms of the 80’s going forward making their useless brats believe that nonsense. Combine that with the idiots not teaching those same brats accountable for their actions and you have a generation of entitled whiners.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Sure there were, just not as many.

Now there is no doubt that xer’s and millennials have taken the ball and run with it. The I’m special and people should care about my every thought mentally can be placed firmly on the shoulders of helicopter moms of the 80’s going forward making their useless brats believe that nonsense. Combine that with the idiots not teaching those same brats accountable for their actions and you have a generation of entitled whiners.
    sounds like a lack of testosterone to me, but what do I know..

Last edited:

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    I just want to thank all you young whippersnappers for paying into my retirement fund! Keep it up 'cause I plan to live a long time. Sorry to let you know that the Congress critters raided Social Security, and you won't be able to retire unless you invent an app or video game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom