Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678 LastLast

Thread: Boomers?

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernUnderGod View Post
    ...and I’m a sexagenarian who uses online banking but prepared to survive without it.

In 1963 the Boy Scouts told me *Be Prepared*. They didn’t tell me when to quit.

It’s unbelievable how many people now (across all age spectrums) that aren’t self-sufficient and are clueless about basic needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If online banking goes down, it's likely that the banks will be down too (not temporarily talking temporary online outages). The systems are closely tied together. Plus, online banking has around a 99.8% uptime.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    Ha! No chance that a business like that gets a dime from me. Credit card processing fees are a cost of doing business. Passing them directly on to consumers, directly, is a quick way to lower sales.

Every year I go on two two-week vacations, paid for exclusively with credit card points. This year I will have gone to three continents, seven or eight states, and numerous other trips, all due to leveraging cards and rewards effectively.

The Dave Ramsey method works for some people, but it isn't a good method to make money off of your money.
    The Dave Ramsey method is for people who can control there spending. It’s a bad method for a lot of scenarios. OPM brother OPM. Knowing when to borrow and when not to is the trick.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

...and Iím a sexagenarian who uses online banking but prepared to survive without it.

In 1963 the Boy Scouts told me *Be Prepared*. They didnít tell me when to quit.

Itís unbelievable how many people now (across all age spectrums) that arenít self-sufficient and are clueless about basic needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As I've said before... I know people of all ages that can't function without being told how.

If you don't adapt, you perish.

Extremist

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rcm192 View Post
    Could there be some factual evidence here?
    I'm a boomer and not only am I nothing like that, neither are any of my friends who are boomers. (The M14 WAS a great service rifle)
    Semper Fi,

Doc

Not Banned!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jhal23 View Post
    Ironically, most boomers think that experience comes with age, when it doesn't have any relation to age at all.
    Experience comes from experiences....

And age is no guarantee of experience, while youth is no guarantee of innovation

Age does bring wisdom, which the unwise mistake for experience. The youths lack of wisdom is their major downfall. Never forget how ignorant you really are. However, if you do, a boomer will happily remind you.
    "These Rocky Mountains aren't very rocky. Yeah, that John Denver is full of SH**!"

Not Banned!!!

User Info Menu

...and Iím a sexagenarian
    Is that a vegetarian who has a strong libido?

My dad is 73 and we just got him a smart phone. He is a very principled man, but I am slowly showing him that principles and the internet do not mix well. He does well, all things considered. Having a total ass hat for a son cant help. At least he was sharp enough to only have 1 kid. I love watching him interact with younger people. He always gives them something to think about.
    "These Rocky Mountains aren't very rocky. Yeah, that John Denver is full of SH**!"

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jdindadell View Post
    Experience comes from experiences....

And age is no guarantee of experience, while youth is no guarantee of innovation

Age does bring wisdom, which the unwise mistake for experience. The youths lack of wisdom is their major downfall. Never forget how ignorant you really are. However, if you do, a boomer will happily remind you.
    I've met educated boomers, but I've met ten times as many that pull on the door that says push.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rcm192 View Post
    Could there be some factual evidence here?
    Assuming all boomers are the same is just plain ignorant. It's like saying all people from Louisiana are <insert word>. Or all Catholics are <insert word>. Some of the bad things happening during the boomer era were from the previous generation. It takes time for power and influence to trickle to the next generation. When the boomers came of age they were on the bottom of the power pyramid. Just like today the generation coming of age won't be in business/political power for a few more years. I am a baby boomer and am doing everything within my power to leave the world a better place for my kids/grandkids. I am pissed at the debt our government is pushing onto future generations. It is not fair. Until all generations wake up and hold our leaders accountable all generations presently of age own it!

Oldie

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Direwolf View Post
    I'm a boomer and not only am I nothing like that, neither are any of my friends who are boomers. (The M14 WAS a great service rifle)
    I am too. You are right about the M-14 and also about many of us.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cyclone1970 View Post
    I am too. You are right about the M-14 and also about many of us.
    Strange how no one can say why it was great.