Boomers?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    ...and I’m a sexagenarian who uses online banking but prepared to survive without it.

In 1963 the Boy Scouts told me *Be Prepared*. They didn’t tell me when to quit.

It’s unbelievable how many people now (across all age spectrums) that aren’t self-sufficient and are clueless about basic needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If online banking goes down, it's likely that the banks will be down too (not temporarily talking temporary online outages). The systems are closely tied together. Plus, online banking has around a 99.8% uptime.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Ha! No chance that a business like that gets a dime from me. Credit card processing fees are a cost of doing business. Passing them directly on to consumers, directly, is a quick way to lower sales.

Every year I go on two two-week vacations, paid for exclusively with credit card points. This year I will have gone to three continents, seven or eight states, and numerous other trips, all due to leveraging cards and rewards effectively.

The Dave Ramsey method works for some people, but it isn't a good method to make money off of your money.

The Dave Ramsey method is for people who can control there spending. It’s a bad method for a lot of scenarios. OPM brother OPM. Knowing when to borrow and when not to is the trick.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    ...and I’m a sexagenarian who uses online banking but prepared to survive without it.

In 1963 the Boy Scouts told me *Be Prepared*. They didn’t tell me when to quit.

It’s unbelievable how many people now (across all age spectrums) that aren’t self-sufficient and are clueless about basic needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I've said before... I know people of all ages that can't function without being told how.

If you don't adapt, you perish.

Direwolf

Extremist
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2008
    Mandeville
    Could there be some factual evidence here?
    991.png

I'm a boomer and not only am I nothing like that, neither are any of my friends who are boomers. (The M14 WAS a great service rifle)

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Ironically, most boomers think that experience comes with age, when it doesn't have any relation to age at all.

Experience comes from experiences....

And age is no guarantee of experience, while youth is no guarantee of innovation

Age does bring wisdom, which the unwise mistake for experience. The youths lack of wisdom is their major downfall. Never forget how ignorant you really are. However, if you do, a boomer will happily remind you.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    ...and I’m a sexagenarian

Is that a vegetarian who has a strong libido?

My dad is 73 and we just got him a smart phone. He is a very principled man, but I am slowly showing him that principles and the internet do not mix well. He does well, all things considered. Having a total ass hat for a son cant help. At least he was sharp enough to only have 1 kid. I love watching him interact with younger people. He always gives them something to think about.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Experience comes from experiences....

And age is no guarantee of experience, while youth is no guarantee of innovation

Age does bring wisdom, which the unwise mistake for experience. The youths lack of wisdom is their major downfall. Never forget how ignorant you really are. However, if you do, a boomer will happily remind you.

I've met educated boomers, but I've met ten times as many that pull on the door that says push.

Coyote5.0

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2016
    Prairieville
    Could there be some factual evidence here?
    991.png

Assuming all boomers are the same is just plain ignorant. It's like saying all people from Louisiana are <insert word>. Or all Catholics are <insert word>. Some of the bad things happening during the boomer era were from the previous generation. It takes time for power and influence to trickle to the next generation. When the boomers came of age they were on the bottom of the power pyramid. Just like today the generation coming of age won't be in business/political power for a few more years. I am a baby boomer and am doing everything within my power to leave the world a better place for my kids/grandkids. I am pissed at the debt our government is pushing onto future generations. It is not fair. Until all generations wake up and hold our leaders accountable all generations presently of age own it!

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm Gen X and my parents were both boomers, so my default is to blame all of the ills of the world on baby boomers. And to yell at millennials to get off my lawn.

It's hard being a member of the perfect generation and being surrounded by so many heathens. :D

Mike

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    Strange how no one can say why it was great.

There is obviously a lot of Boomer baiting going on in this thread. I stay away from arguments on this board as I come here to be informed and entertained and not to enter into conflict. There is more than enough of that in the MSM.

However, my opinion of the M-14 battle rifle was formed while in the uniform of the US Army. It functioned flawlessly in the dust, rain and mud out to at least 500 yards or more. My opinion was finalized while sleeping cozied up to it. Trailboss and others spoke previously to some of its weaknesses when used for close-in shooting. I also do not think of all of the add-ons and replacement do-dads that people use on M1As when I speak of a GI issued M-14.

Since jhal23 apparently enjoys denigrating the M-14 so much, I would appreciate him telling us about his negative experiences with an M-14 (and not an M1A by the way).

If one wants to trash an American military rifle, look at the original M-16 made by Mattel. It took a while, and some dead Americans, to get it to where it is today.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    There is obviously a lot of Boomer baiting going on in this thread. I stay away from arguments on this board as I come here to be informed and entertained and not to enter into conflict. There is more than enough of that in the MSM.

However, my opinion of the M-14 battle rifle was formed while in the uniform of the US Army. It functioned flawlessly in the dust, rain and mud out to at least 500 yards or more. My opinion was finalized while sleeping cozied up to it. Trailboss and others spoke previously to some of its weaknesses when used for close-in shooting. I also do not think of all of the add-ons and replacement do-dads that people use on M1As when I speak of a GI issued M-14.

Since jhal23 apparently enjoys denigrating the M-14 so much, I would appreciate him telling us about his negative experiences with an M-14 (and not an M1A by the way).

If one wants to trash an American military rifle, look at the original M-16 made by Mattel. It took a while, and some dead Americans, to get it to where it is today.

Boomer baiting... I like that.

The M14 sucks, because the M16/M4 is a better rifle. It's as simple as that.

Remember, the M14 is still an issued rifle. It's outdated, heavy, comparatively unreliable, and fires an obsolete cartridge.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    No one mentioned a Mini 14.

So what is the order of greatness and how does the mini 14 fit in?

Is the m14 still top dog, the min14 2nd due to being a mini m14 and the m16 last?

Or is the mini 14 the best because it has the action of a m14 and is chambered in the m16 caliber?

If we go by std metrics of greatness the m14 would win as anything heavy and expensive is great! Plus it has steel and wood, which are great, and it is 30 caliber which is heavy, expensive and metal. Is there an end to the awesomeness, I dont think so!

The m16 is aluminum, which is basically pot metal for spaceships (which are lies due to the earth being flat and having a dome over it) and it uses plastic, which is toxic when rubbed against sensitive areas of the body ( ask California for proof of that). And it is generally inexpensive unless branded by ex operators, and light, both of which indicate crap. And some of the ammo has colored ends , possibly to keep the low intellect target audience entertained?!?! Those whippersnappers can have their toys, i will play with my hard wood rifle!

Perhaps the mini 14 with its heavy steel and wood plus colored tip ammo is the true victor, as it can appeal to the widest audience, while still looking retro and being safer to use due to low accuracy and expensive proprietary magazines (which have been proven to be superior). And if colored tip ammo insults you (murica) you can get the mini 14s twin, the mini 30, which is just as wooden and steely plus it takes 30 cal burrits (hallelujah baby jesus) and has even more expensive proprietary magazines!!!

Boomers need to recognize the mini 14 and 30, they are truly the salvation of the free state.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom