Tech Jobs?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tiollib

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 28, 2013
    Thibodaux
    Anyone in IT in South LA? How is the market? Recent graduate from Nicholls in Computer Information Systems, and it seems like much of South LA is in the stone age when it comes to technology. It is hard to find an entry level position in anything.

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Old graduate from Nichols in Comp Sci here. Your right that there’s a lot of stuff from the Stone Age still out there. That said, there are jobs continuously cycling through. What are you looking for? What’s your interest, passion? Sometimes for a first job, you have to just get your foot in the door with a good organization to start building your resume. My 2 cents from the other end of the career life cycle.

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    There are jobs but it is a comparatively small market. Suggest looking into jobs that have larger markets. You can always come back. Good luck.

Tiollib

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 28, 2013
    Thibodaux
    Old graduate from Nichols in Comp Sci here. Your right that there’s a lot of stuff from the Stone Age still out there. That said, there are jobs continuously cycling through. What are you looking for? What’s your interest, passion? Sometimes for a first job, you have to just get your foot in the door with a good organization to start building your resume. My 2 cents from the other end of the career life cycle.

Im really interested in networking and would like to branch out into Security when the opportunity arises.

LS1RX7

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    Slidell
    Im really interested in networking and would like to branch out into Security when the opportunity arises.

Look at police/sheriff departments, all have some sort of IT office. Probably lower pay than you deserve, or would get in the outside world, but you'd get some valuable experience and I bet there's plenty of jobs out there.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Look into IBM or Cox in Baton Rouge.

If you are interested in tech, Dallas and Houston are absolutely Booming with tech jobs.

bipolarbear

SevenGun
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    NOLA
    Ive got an Managed IT Company in New Orleans, www.bourntech.com and there are at least 6 others in the area. In the past, I found that there are plenty entry level jobs, and some mid/high jobs, but nothing to bridge the gap between them. I had to move to Denver for a couple years to move up before coming back to New Orleans.

If your interested in Security, Oschner has a large security division. But as I understand it, most of the work is writing and refining policies, not the exciting stuff like incident response.

Dennis

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom