1 officer dead 1 wounded, 2 in custody in Mandeville, La.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkump

Rating - 100%
    314   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    I was going southbound on 190 to pick up my son around 2PM and saw over 30 unmarked cop cars pass me around 60-70mph, so I knew something major was going on in Mandeville. I've never seen so many unmarked cop cars.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Dang. RIP to the officers and prayers to their grieving families.

Hope the perps are executed.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    This infuriates me -- why did this have to happen? I'm waiting to hear the details of this, I'd be willing to wager the 2 in custody have an extensive rap sheet already...…

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Very sad day for our community. Prayers for his family and friends .
    First one charged is from Covington. 21 years old. This is early information but I'm surprised at his short rap sheet.
    From the Advocate--St. Tammany Parish court records show that Spicer pleaded guilty last year to a misdemeanor charge of possession of drug paraphernalia. The year before that, he had received diversion after being booked with possession of a small amount of marijuana, also a misdemeanor.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I guess sometimes it’s just not worth it to pursue a fleeing vehicle. Prayers for the family of the deceased.

frankinola

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Any possible juvenile record is sealed, up to the DA to submit a discovery request at the court.

Very sad day for our community. Prayers for his family and friends .
    First one charged is from Covington. 21 years old. This is early information but I'm surprised at his short rap sheet.
    From the Advocate--St. Tammany Parish court records show that Spicer pleaded guilty last year to a misdemeanor charge of possession of drug paraphernalia. The year before that, he had received diversion after being booked with possession of a small amount of marijuana, also a misdemeanor.

RM Holsters

Aware
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    It is tragic that an LEO has given his life and another shot in pursuit of the pos. I personally cannot imagine the amount of disregard for authority or human life this criminal must have, to not only run from the police but to shoot at them when he cannot continue to run. I hope he never returns to society.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    It is tragic that an LEO has given his life and another shot in pursuit of the pos. I personally cannot imagine the amount of disregard for authority or human life this criminal must have, to not only run from the police but to shoot at them when he cannot continue to run. I hope he never returns to society.

This.

Dieselhorses

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I was going southbound on 190 to pick up my son around 2PM and saw over 30 unmarked cop cars pass me around 60-70mph, so I knew something major was going on in Mandeville. I've never seen so many unmarked cop cars.

Lived in Covington for 38 years and never heard of such since Louis Wagner was shot in the 70's.

Top Bottom