Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Info Menu

Almost paramedic looking to do some gator hunting in Lousiana.

Hi folks,

I am new to this forum as I am new to this area. I am in town for the next 6 weeks to finish up my paramedic program with East Baton Rouge EMS and I would love to do some gator hunting while I'm here. I know the season is almost up and I know that as a non resident I can't get a gator hunting license. I can however get a sport hunter license to go with a licensed gator hunter and that's what I'm hoping to do.

Do any of y'all hunt gators? If you haven't tagged out already would you be willing to take a westerner out and show me the ropes? I can't afford to hire a guide but I did bring some prime Oregon fur to trade for the experience.

Thanks for your time.

Casey

User Info Menu

I have a lot of woods experience, FWIW. Anyone that takes me out will receive the same in kind if you ever want to hunt or trap up in Oregon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7878 (2).jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	269.4 KB 
ID:	88897Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6777 (3).jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	238.6 KB 
ID:	88898Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6663 (2).jpg 
Size:	249.2 KB 
ID:	88899Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2961 (2).jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	241.0 KB 
ID:	88900Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2826.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	247.5 KB 
ID:	88901Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2816.jpg 
Size:	250.0 KB 
ID:	88902Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2202.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	282.3 KB 
ID:	88903Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4979.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	249.3 KB 
ID:	88904Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2624.jpg 
Size:	258.5 KB 
ID:	88905Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1552.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	263.8 KB 
ID:	88906

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDiver223 View Post
    I have a lot of woods experience, FWIW. Anyone that takes me out will receive the same in kind if you ever want to hunt or trap up in Oregon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7878 (2).jpg 
Size:	269.4 KB 
ID:	88897Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6777 (3).jpg 
Size:	238.6 KB 
ID:	88898Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6663 (2).jpg 
Size:	249.2 KB 
ID:	88899Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2961 (2).jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	241.0 KB 
ID:	88900Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2826.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	247.5 KB 
ID:	88901Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2816.jpg 
Size:	250.0 KB 
ID:	88902Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2202.jpg 
Size:	282.3 KB 
ID:	88903Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4979.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	249.3 KB 
ID:	88904Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2624.jpg 
Size:	258.5 KB 
ID:	88905Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1552.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	263.8 KB 
ID:	88906
    Nice,Woods and Swamps don't go together...hahaha,Look in Louisiana sportsman magazine on-line,You may find what your looking for,Gators btw are ambush hunters!
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Nice,Woods and Swamps don't go together...hahaha,Look in Louisiana sportsman magazine on-line,You may find what your looking for,Gators btw are ambush hunters!
    thank you for the tip, i will check them out.

A long time ago I was stationed in Florida and did quite a bit of hunting in the swamps along the Suwanee River. I might not of grown up here but That doesnít mean i canít keep up. Iíll have to look for more photos from those days when I get home tonight
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7A23B649-D134-464A-ADA6-0DDE07029754.jpg 
Size:	242.6 KB 
ID:	88908   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9066FC42-E10D-40A7-9574-E1D4D16D3D10.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	257.3 KB 
ID:	88907  

Marksman

User Info Menu

I really like the chest rigs you use. Been kinda toying with the idea of getting one. What preferences do you have?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mukwah View Post
    I really like the chest rigs you use. Been kinda toying with the idea of getting one. What preferences do you have?
    For binoculars and basic accessories i really like the FHF Gear bino harness. It holds binoculars securely and doesnít get in the way like the larger options out there. It also has flat straps that are wide enough to distribute the weight on your shoulders but since they are thin webbing you can wear them under a pack all day long.

The pistol holsters are made made by a local maker in Bend Oregon called Tracker Leather i believe.

Go away,Batin...

User Info Menu

My dad sells hunts, pm me if interested. I dont know if what his schedule is like this week as the season is ending soon.
    I'm just a Redneck with too many guns.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I work at EBR EMS in HQ. I'd love to hear about some of your hunts. We got quite a few guys that work here that hunt a lot and several own camps. I don't know if any do gator hunts though.
    "All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others."
    Paraphrase from George Orwell Animal Farm

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    Douglas Adams

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."
    Ash (Bruce Campbell) Army Of Darkness 1992

The Hitler of fun.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Akajun View Post
    My dad sells hunts, pm me if interested. I dont know if what his schedule is like this week as the season is ending soon.

i appreciate the offer, but like i said in my original post, i canít afford the $500+ to got on a guided gator hunt.

Iím looking for someone thatíll take me out just like i would take you out if you posted something about coyote or bobcat or deer hunting in Oregon.

Casey

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDiver223 View Post
    i appreciate the offer, but like i said in my original post, i can’t afford the $500+ to got on a guided gator hunt.

I’m looking for someone that’ll take me out just like i would take you out if you posted something about coyote or bobcat or deer hunting in Oregon.

Casey
    Hows about,Hi my name is Casey,Will work for a Gator hunt !
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.