Join BayouShooter For Free
Pelican

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

You're running out of time, but here is a long shot.

Call wildlife & fisheries fur and reptile division and see if wild gator tag holder's names are public record. They should be. If so, see how much info is attached to the record; cell #?, email? The more tags a landowner has, the more likely he still has some left. If you get in touch with any of them, tell them you will work with them as an extra back or pair of hands. It looks like fun to most lay people, but it is definitely work. If you can skin them, even better.

Gator hunting is a misnomer. You are not actually hunting them as much as you are checking bait lines. To a guy with a lot of tags it is work. By that same logic above, if you get someone that is winding down the season, tell them you will be willing to help pick up their gear on the last run if they let you tag along.

Like I said, it's a long shot. But I will leave you with this Emperor's "original" quote; "A coin can land heads or tails; but only if tossed!"

Good Luck!
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Hows about,Hi my name is Casey,Will work for a Gator hunt !
    I would absolutely work for a gator hunt! My back and brain are strong, but my bank account is not!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dwr461 View Post
    I work at EBR EMS in HQ. I'd love to hear about some of your hunts. We got quite a few guys that work here that hunt a lot and several own camps. I don't know if any do gator hunts though.
    I love swapping hunting stories. I was out hog hunting yesterday and today. Spent some time running coon with another medic from EBR EMS and his boy last night. I'll send you a PM with my number.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    You're running out of time, but here is a long shot.

Call wildlife & fisheries fur and reptile division and see if wild gator tag holder's names are public record. They should be. If so, see how much info is attached to the record; cell #?, email? The more tags a landowner has, the more likely he still has some left. If you get in touch with any of them, tell them you will work with them as an extra back or pair of hands. It looks like fun to most lay people, but it is definitely work. If you can skin them, even better.

Gator hunting is a misnomer. You are not actually hunting them as much as you are checking bait lines. To a guy with a lot of tags it is work. By that same logic above, if you get someone that is winding down the season, tell them you will be willing to help pick up their gear on the last run if they let you tag along.

Like I said, it's a long shot. But I will leave you with this Emperor's "original" quote; "A coin can land heads or tails; but only if tossed!"

Good Luck!
    Thank you for the idea. I got some gator biologist numbers from a visit to the HQ here in BR but didn't think to ask for what you've suggested. I'll let you know if it works. Thanks again man, I appreciate it.

User Info Menu

Well folks, It looks like i've about run out of time. Thanks for everyone who tried to help make this happen.

Casey