More ATF & Bumpstocks... but wait

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    Interesting indeed! So I wonder if we’ll have to go back to measuring OAL based off critical operationally necessary parts too, and revisit a lot of the other goofy arbitrary stuff they’ve done.

And if this now officially applies to ATF, how about to EPA as well? They’ve been operating via “executive order” unchecked for decades...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Interesting indeed! So I wonder if we’ll have to go back to measuring OAL based off critical operationally necessary parts too, and revisit a lot of the other goofy arbitrary stuff they’ve done.

And if this now officially applies to ATF, how about to EPA as well? They’ve been operating via *executive order* unchecked for decades...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What you don’t like unchecked ruling buy regulatory fiat?

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Come on it’s ok you can say it. Everybody knows. It was Mr......it’s on the tip of my tongue but I can’t bring myself to admit it either. Someone please help. Who signed the EO that put the plastic fun slide stick thing to bed?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Come on it’s ok you can say it. Everybody knows. It was Mr......it’s on the tip of my tongue but I can’t bring myself to admit it either. Someone please help. Who signed the EO that put the plastic fun slide stick thing to bed?
    If you actually think the POTUS is the only person responsible then who am I to try to convince you otherwise. But it’s not so.
    Voter regret?

Btw, you know he’s gonna win another term, right?

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Of course not he is getting some bad advice from some pandering fools but he still made a big mistake by taking the action he did and it scares the crap out of me that he shoots off his mouth and might do something similar again without wise council that dwarfs the last dagger he put in our backs. You are correct it was a team of fools effort but in the end the buck stops with him. Yes he will win. Yes I will hold my nose and vote for him and pray he actually learns from his moronic decision to weaken our second amendment that he swore to not only defend but campaigned on strengthening. He has officially become the lesser of two evils in my book. Take the guns first and deal with due process later should rock every American to the core because that attitude will eventually be the thought process on other issues. Now I know I’m wrong, paranoid, I’ll informe....etc but I’m only basing my opinion on what has beeen said and done by him. Voter regret yes. Now I must feed the rabbits.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    This is the risk of electing someone without principles over electing someone with principles the exact opposite of yours. Funny thing is if one of the commies were elected I’m not sure they would have had the stones to try something but that would have been really big gamble.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA

If so he may have accomplished something in the long run. He kept the anti-2A crowd from using the momentum to pass another assault weapons ban while putting the ATF in a position to overstep their boundaries and get nose thumped. Not saying it was intentional, but...

Jadams74

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2019
    Ponchatoula, Louisiana
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/09/21/atf-bump-stock-ruling/

Very telling. Very telling indeed. I’ve been saying that the ATF has been overstepping their authority for years. Now they seem to be admitting that, albeit in a nose thumbing SFW sort of way...

Not just the ATF, but the federal government too. Through re-interpretation, mis-interpretation and mis-representation gun-grabbing politicians and judges have bastardized the 2nd amendment and have been doing so since 1934 with the 1st national firearms act.

Carl.-

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2011
    Plaquemine, LA
    If so he may have accomplished something in the long run. He kept the anti-2A crowd from using the momentum to pass another assault weapons ban while putting the ATF in a position to overstep their boundaries and get nose thumped. Not saying it was intentional, but...

That's also the way I understand it. Intentional ? Maybe to a point, the man seems to run on gut feeling most of the time. That ruling is so obviously overreaching that eventually will be struck down, the way he is nominating constitucionalist judges to the supreme court and everywhere else will make it happen sometime during his second term, he had to know that..
    Voter regret? Hell no. If he keeps getting the judiciary to respect the constitution again he has my vote, I don't care if he signs another AWB next week... Well I would care but won't make stay home or vote for a democrat

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Brilliant 4-D chess player? Doesn’t do much for the property of law abiding citizen that has to be destroyed without compensation. Does this now mean everyone will be able to go swimming and retrieve their property once this master plan comes together or will you still be a felon? Even if it is a win 3-10 years down the road it does nothing to change the fact that by the stroke of the pen he made many citizens guilty of nothing into instant felons. That’s not a way to defend the constitution. Tell them to pound sand. Shall not be infringed (too much) isn’t cutting it.

Top Bottom