Question on the Chinese SKS Magazine

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunshow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Westwego
    The 30 round SKS Magazine that fits the Chinese SKS are there any modifications that you need to do to make it fit or snap it in like the AK-47 any input will be greatly appreciated thank you David

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area
    If my memory serves me correctly, there are no additional modifications necessary. As opposed to the original hole and pin arrangement, the replacement uses a slot instead of an eye or closed hole. Most aftermarket mags just cam in, the way an AK mag does, by locking in the front and rocking in the rear.

Last edited:

AZ2VET

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2017
    Ponchatoula, La.
    If your SKS currently uses the "duck bill" sks mag the rifles mag well would have to be modified (AK 47 mag is wider at the mag well than an SKS mag is) to accecpt the ak47 mag. It can be done but cannot be undone.
    If you have the "duck bill" 20 or 30 round mag made by Pro mag good luck feeding it with stripper clips. Mine would not line up properly and the rounds would jam up and not feed into the mag. Put the factory 10 round mag back in and the problem went away.
    Some SKS's were modified in China to take the AK mag then some were factory made to use the AK mag. I can't seem to get a link to copy and paste but if you google "AK mag in an SKS" you will find what you need

Dieselhorses

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    How to accept AK mags

Page1.JPGPage2.JPGPage3.JPGPage4.JPGPage5.JPGPage6.JPGPage7.JPGPage8.JPG

This post is for educational purposes only, I accept no responsibility for the finality of results. In addition, I would suggest obtaining a letter from the ATF asserting explicit permission to do this. Supposedly, at the Federal level, it's legal to do this simply because any SKS that currently receives a "tanged" magazine is in fact- a detachable magazine.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom