Join BayouShooter For Free

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Rifled slugs...yup.

Iíve always heard and believed they will spin from a smooth bore. But there are likely as many folks who believe they donít. What say you?

https://youtu.be/jRPo19DWlZY
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct itóóó
    Bangswitch

Marksman

User Info Menu

The video pretty much supported what I always believed. That is, that the foster slugs do fly with a mild spin. Not perhaps helpful for long range, but of some benefit for the range these things get used. The question I’ve never followed up on is what is the difference in accuracy potential between saboted slugs from a true rifled barrel versus fosters. I would expect sabots to be better, but again how much for the given range these things are operating at.
    Sara mo ki kara ochiru

Monolithic Mentor

User Info Menu

In the northern shotgun only states they use the saboted slugs in rifled barrels and from what I read, they sight them in out to 150 yards. They are a lot more accurate than slugs in a smoothbore.
    They have slug gun competitions with some shooting close to 1" groups at 100 yards.

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Just wish they’d have shot a few at longer ranges to see how stable they would fly out to a couple hundred yards. The fact that they do actually rotate and don’t tumble is impressive regardless of the amount of spin.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct itóóó
    Bangswitch

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hunter5567 View Post
    In the northern shotgun only states they use the saboted slugs in rifled barrels and from what I read, they sight them in out to 150 yards. They are a lot more accurate than slugs in a smoothbore.
    They have slug gun competitions with some shooting close to 1" groups at 100 yards.
    1* groups with slugs would be impressive to see.
    Sara mo ki kara ochiru