Join BayouShooter For Free
Pelican

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 86
  1. #11
    Marksman

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    If it's dark out, I usually have a handheld light ready to be used if needed. I have switched my light on a few times with people approaching me. They are startled, because it's not what they expected. They typically turn around when they see the 1,000 lumen beam of light hit the pavement and illuminate everything near them.

    I don't like anyone that is potentially nefarious to get closer than the limits of social distance.


  2. #12
    -Administrator-
    Make your own luck

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jhal23 View Post
    If it's dark out, I usually have a handheld light ready to be used if needed. I have switched my light on a few times with people approaching me. They are startled, because it's not what they expected. They typically turn around when they see the 1,000 lumen beam of light hit the pavement and illuminate everything near them.

    I don't like anyone that is potentially nefarious to get closer than the limits of social distance.

    This.

    Another thing that helps is to forcefully tell them to back up. These people are used to people trying to tell them no, or giving a sad story back about why they can't give them cash. If they keep coming, after being told to backup, 1,000 lumens to the face is a decent deterrent. Anyone who keeps approaching after that is just stupid.
    -- Austin

    "There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan


    Failing to plan is planning to fail.

  3. #13
    Marksman

    Gold Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    This.

    Another thing that helps is to forcefully tell them to back up. These people are used to people trying to tell them no, or giving a sad story back about why they can't give them cash. If they keep coming, after being told to backup, 1,000 lumens to the face is a decent deterrent. Anyone who keeps approaching after that is just stupid.
    You know, Those jacketed bullets make nice sparks skipping across asphalt and concrete...Just say'n
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

    Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

  4. #14
    Seriously Misunderstood!

    User Info Menu

    If your perception of distance without a tape measure lacks, the "2 arms length" rule should help. That distance, though arguably inadequate for certain reasons and scenarios, should be your "Red Line!"

    Start your evaluation of the stranger(s) as early and as far out as you want, but don't EVER let ANYONE you don't know intimately; or at least familiarly, get within that distance of you!
    Last edited by Emperor; September 25th, 2019 at 11:18 AM.
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

  5. #15
    Marksman

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    You know, Those jacketed bullets make nice sparks skipping across asphalt and concrete...Just say'n
    That will also land you in jail... Just say'n

  6. #16
    -Administrator-
    Make your own luck

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    If your perception of distance without a tape measure lacks, the "2 arms length" rule should help. That distance, though arguably inadequate for certain reasons and scenarios, should be your "Red Line!"

    Start your evaluation of the stranger(s) as early and as far out as you want, but don't EVER let ANYONE you don't know intimately; or at least familiarly, get within that distance of you!
    I'd prefer > 21 feet for people in parking lots and gas stations. Too many instances of people getting stabbed lately while doing nothing.
    -- Austin

    "There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan


    Failing to plan is planning to fail.

  7. #17
    Marksman

    Gold Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jhal23 View Post
    That will also land you in jail... Just say'n
    Lol,I'm not sticking around to verify that for you old buddy !
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

    Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

  8. #18
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    I'd prefer > 21 feet for people in parking lots and gas stations. Too many instances of people getting stabbed lately while doing nothing.
    Thats a lot of distance I can’t accomplish that with reliability, but 6 is way to freakin close.

    At the end of the day I didn’t control the situation and there are some good suggestions I will likely be incorporating next time some mooch targets me.

  9. #19
    Marksman

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Lol,I'm not sticking around to verify that for you old buddy !
    So just go around telling people to fire warning shots into the pavement... old buddy.

  10. #20
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jhal23 View Post
    So just go around telling people to fire warning shots into the pavement... old buddy.
    I like to think there was a bit of comedy intended in Gators post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •