Needing a surveyor

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rusty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2015
    Amite, la
    Looking for someone to survey a acre of land In St. Helena parish. 3 of the 4 markers have been found all in the open everything is easy to get to. Thanks

hoggin357

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Iowa,La.
    It will cost you more than its worth in my opinion.I would just do it yourself.If you own the land ,
    you should have a platt.It will show you the footage from each marker.Their are also programs
    for free you can dl or use to get the footage as well.If all that fails,you can also call your local
    tax office and get the exact footage of said acreage as well.They can even show you on the map
    as to where the property starts and stops,turns,etc...

Now some things in the description may be kinda indecisive.If it has a certain mark on the platt,
    it maybe for so many feet or it maybe for 3-5 feet.But it will definitely give you a better
    understanding of the size of the lot ,property.

I was able to figure out a 4 acre tract and I had no prior knowledge of surveying what so ever.
    I enjoyed the ability to learn something new.

Last edited:

Rusty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2015
    Amite, la
    Thanks haven’t actually paid for it yet the lawyer said I needed a legal description. I’m getting a deal on it but I have to cover the survey done on it. It connects to my place and has never been surveyed if that makes any sense. The markers found were from when my land was surveyed 10+ years ago.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Thanks haven’t actually paid for it yet the lawyer said I needed a legal description. I’m getting a deal on it but I have to cover the survey done on it. It connects to my place and has never been surveyed if that makes any sense. The markers found were from when my land was surveyed 10+ years ago.

The legal description is on file in the courthouse,That is actually the one you need and a title search to verify that said property has a trial of ownership and NO liens against it as well.

m1k3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Central, LA
    If you want to do a survey, I recommend calling Stephen Lacour with L&L Surveying (225) 454-7263. They are one of the more reasonably priced surveyors in the area. My company uses them whenever we need survey work.

Rusty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2015
    Amite, la
    If you want to do a survey, I recommend calling Stephen Lacour with L&L Surveying (225) 454-7263. They are one of the more reasonably priced surveyors in the area. My company uses them whenever we need survey work.

Thanks I will be calling them tomorrow.

Rusty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2015
    Amite, la
    The legal description is on file in the courthouse,That is actually the one you need and a title search to verify that said property has a trial of ownership and NO liens against it as well.

This is the last acre out of a section(around 639 acres) that has never been surveyed. It was originally part of my 17 acres but the previous owner had it set aside for some hunters leasing some hunting property. Kinda hard to explain the situation. The original section owner granddaughter still owns 90% of the original 639 acres for this tiny sliver has never been surveyed

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom