Police Seize 15 firearms from group filming rap video in Baton Rouge

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • extra300

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Metairie
    Yes, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. But if you are saying one thing is just like something it is unrelated to, fine.

The benefit of the doubt..for what?

"But if you are saying one thing is just like something it is unrelated to, fine." What's unrelated?

Homie, your now talking out both sides. At this point do you even know what you’re saying?

Since you stepped in my lane, why not riddle me another one of your feeble-minded rants? Otherwise, you've become a big uninspiring....Yawn

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Uh, who cares? Comparison vs Connection? Idk, we don’t have to let the thread jump track for that, do we?

Anyway, back on track. Somebody here already mentioned the question of being able to identify if any of the guns were truly auto firing and I partially agree. The AR platform can indeed look normal at first. All any AR owner/operator had to do was pull a pin and inspect the fire control group. Most anyone with an elementary knowledge of the rifle could say with a degree of certainty whether one was an automatic. HOWEVER modified to be so.
    I like logic. Logic is fun. Who wants to test logic with me?
    What would be logical about informing the public about finding automatic weapons in a bust? Moreover, what what would that accomplish? Keeping the public frown on the big black scary rifle? Perhaps gaining more popularity with the bulk of the concerned public for taking 3 machine guns off the street?
    Unnecessarily sharing inside information with the criminal element while unwittingly inviting a ride along (insert ABC agency here) on the investigation sounds more logical to me..if there were actually any banned weapons on that table. And from a logical standpoint it doesn’t really appear so. It just makes more sense that there weren’t. How many did they say again? If it was 3, it would make more sense that the samples would be from the AK and AR group of 4, which would mean one or more of the pistol barreled guns would be included. Why would a felon go through the trouble of mounting a pistol brace to conform to one federal law when they’re already defying the one that would demand the most attention? Reason and logic both agreed they wouldn’t. Just now. I heard them.

BRPD said 3 were stolen but I didn't mention a number of full autos. They just said "some". At minimum, I would liberally view that as 2 or more. Personally, I'd use "a couple" if it were 2 but I can't speak to their reasoning.

A few months ago, the ATF cracked down on Glock full auto switches coming from China that puts a switch at the back of the slide. I don't see a switch on the Glocks I see in the picture. I don't know if any other smaller pistols can be converted. I don't have experience with AK's so I don't know it the AK pattern pistol would have external clues if converted. There are 4 AR pattern weapons. One is a rifle (the only rifle in the picture) that could be 5.56, a pistol that could be a 5.56, and 2 Quarter Circle 10 9mm pistols. There's a magazine over the AR15 pistol lower but the other 3 ARs don't appear to have the 3rd pin. They could have drop in auto sears. Does a DIAS work in a Glock mag AR9? Is it possible any full autos may be part of the later investigation and the picture is of the seizures in the initial investigation?

Why would a felon go through the trouble of mounting pistol brace to conform to one federal law when they’re already defying the one that would demand the most attention? Reason and logic both agreed they wouldn’t. Just now. I heard them.

If they drop the pistol or if they pass it off to a non-felon, an illegal SBR would make things much more complicated.

full-auto-glock.jpg

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    That sentence contains no quotes. It's possible that phrase is an interpretation of the information BRPD provided rather than the actual provided information.
    This sounds more likely. I mean, fully automatic assault rifles. What cop actually talks like that? That sounds like TV personality and anti gunner terminology to me.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    BRPD said 3 were stolen but I didn't mention a number of full autos. They just said "some". At minimum, I would liberally view that as 2 or more. Personally, I'd use "a couple" if it were 2 but I can't speak to their reasoning.

A few months ago, the ATF cracked down on Glock full auto switches coming from China that puts a switch at the back of the slide. I don't see a switch on the Glocks I see in the picture. I don't know if any other smaller pistols can be converted. I don't have experience with AK's so I don't know it the AK pattern pistol would have external clues if converted. There are 4 AR pattern weapons. One is a rifle (the only rifle in the picture) that could be 5.56, a pistol that could be a 5.56, and 2 Quarter Circle 10 9mm pistols. There's a magazine over the AR15 pistol lower but the other 3 ARs don't appear to have the 3rd pin. They could have drop in auto sears. Does a DIAS work in a Glock mag AR9? Is it possible any full autos may be part of the later investigation and the picture is of the seizures in the initial investigation?

If they drop the pistol or if they pass it off to a non-felon, an illegal SBR would make things much more complicated.

full-auto-glock.jpg

Who knows about all that. I just threw a few of my reasons for doubt out there. For me personally, it’s more about the way it was said that made me doubt, and the thought that it wouldn’t be something to go straight to the public with, so I do not believe there were autos there.
    SBR? You think they’d have a full auto Gun and be concerned with a brace vs a stock? I can’t see the logic in that either, but ok.

As far as ‘drop in auto sears’ there are a few other ways to have a full auto AR without the 3rd pin above the safety because the safety is not involved. Those guns would be modified to be non select fire, or full time auto if you prefer. Trigger controlled. Not using an auto sear like a true M16. So yes, until you shoot it, observe it being fired or have a look under the hood, you’d never know.

The Glock auto switch you showed is interesting. I believe the ones that were in question would be more obvious too. I don’t see any on the Glocks on the table either but my phone ain’t the best device to scrutinize a pic of anything, lol.
    687cddac942df16acc93ae72f45092a6.jpg
    1fca57d59ed81cf91a334e640dada4e0.jpg

Oh, forgot the AK, yeah, the safety lever is the only thing that might be externally different on the AK variant that you’d notice. But barely. There’s a semi auto safety and a select fire safety, much like an AR. Basically you’d see that extra detent or dimple for the safety to stop on on the right side of the receiver. The part of that big ass lever that you’d actually thumb, where it travels up and down against the receiver.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    This sounds more likely. I mean, fully automatic assault rifles. What cop actually talks like that? That sounds like TV personality and anti gunner terminology to me.

According to the reporter, that phrase came from BRPD. I asked her about it.

"Thanks for reading. Yes, that language wasn’t included in the press release, but when I spoke with police directly, they used the phrase *fully automatic assault rifles,* noting how rare and illegal they are. Hope that clears it up."

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Unless the AR"s in the photo have drop in auto sears I don't see a 3rd autosear pin. One has the fire control area covered by a magazine and the painted one is a bit fuzzy but until the indictments are shone I call it more of the usual ignorance coming from media and police.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    WHO cares about termonology; MAIN point is that they are off of the street!!!!!
    As the silent majority we keep loosing ground because we allow the left to frame conversation.

Pro-choice
    Reproductive rights
    Your true self/truth
    Assault weapons
    Weapons of War
    Fully semiautomatic
    compassionate conservative (actually created by dirt bag RINOs but it definitely makes a point)

These are just the buzz words. If you want to slowly continue to lose ground that’s fine me personally I want to stop losing ground and retake some, so I prefer to take the left to task when appropriate.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    As the silent majority we keep loosing ground because we allow the left to frame conversation.

Pro-choice
    Reproductive rights
    Your true self/truth
    Assault weapons
    Weapons of War
    Fully semiautomatic
    compassionate conservative (actually created by dirt bag RINOs but it definitely makes a point)

These are just the buzz words. If you want to slowly continue to lose ground that’s fine me personally I want to stop losing ground and retake some, so I prefer to take the left to task when appropriate.

I can't believe weaponized light didn't make the list of buzz words.

(Note: the above is sarcasm. I can absolutely believe it didn't make the list.)

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Is it just my limited experience with AK platforms or does that selector seem pretty far down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I can't believe weaponized light didn't make the list of buzz words.

(Note: the above is sarcasm. I can absolutely believe it didn't make the list.)

Well it’s not for lack of trying.:D

We need common sense light reform. 1000 lumens is entirely too many lumens, no one needs than many lumens for hunting. Christ this it’s too easy.

Hell yes we are gonna take away your torch.
    :naughty:

Last edited:

Mark64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2019
    Clarksville TN
    Those +20 mag extensions on the 30 round magazines may make those Glocks a little difficult to conceal. There's bound to be some printing there.
    I was at the range last week in the country about 30 miles outside of Nashville. It's a 100yd range on a game reserve. Two cars of young black kids got out and proceeded to the firing lanes carrying I'd say 1000 dollars worth of ammo and 6 glocks with the extended mags. With that they had 3 AR's. They all were the typical "thug" look, pants sagging, etc. They had no safety sense at all muzzles were pointing everywhere. Finally they started shooting. All of them broke out the Iphones and started recording as they ripped through the mags like the Glocks were belt fed. I made my way to my truck to get my pistol just in case someone had the idea of jacking all my stuff since we were miles from anywhere. These kids shot up all that ammo in 30 minutes and packed it in. The conversations they were having scared the crap out of me. They were in some gang and talked about busting caps in folks. Robbing drug dealers and making them beg for their lives. I thank God my buddy and I made it out of it safe and sound.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Pro-choice
    Reproductive rights
    Your true self/truth
    Assault weapons
    Weapons of War
    Fully semiautomatic

Totally disagree with this^!

If you want to take back some ground, the absolute first place to start is education. So called, "normal" and "reasonable" people have allowed our schools to become leftist indoctrination camps for the nations kids. Trump is 3 years in. For the most part it is unbelievable what he has actually accomplished despite the constant dirt drag he is put through every single day by these American hating democrats. But, when is the last time you heard Besty DeVos reverting a Common Core mandate or principle? Or even suggesting it?

Does anyone honestly believe these generations of children coming through the education systems (college included), will be more likely to think for themselves? That ideological clarity is usually attained when you as an individual have worked hard, or watched your mom and dad work tirelessly every day, or own something of value, or believe in your country, or make decisions based on empirical data instead of emotion, etc., etc., etc. Essentially when you are all grown up.

Today; and before that clarity above, you learn to believe the world will end soon from climate change, that all white people are racists, that the US is a bad country with bad people, that if you choose to be neutral in your biological makeup it's okay and even sanctioned by government, etc., etc,. etc.

We have as close to a state-run media as you can get without them actually controlling the state as you can get.

If you have kids in school, sit with them while they work on their homework in Social Studies, English, & History (if they even are being taught history), and see for yourself.

I truly believe that the political democrat party is out to destroy this country for their own power and are too stupid and full of themselves to understand the consequences. But say what you want about those scumbags, they have entrenched their ******** way of thinking into everything that matters when it comes to the education of the kids in this country. And it's working!

And I got news for ya! Republicans are along for the ride!

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Totally disagree with this^!

If you want to take back some ground, the absolute first place to start is education. So called, "normal" and "reasonable" people have allowed our schools to become leftist indoctrination camps for the nations kids. Trump is 3 years in. For the most part it is unbelievable what he has actually accomplished despite the constant dirt drag he is put through every single day by these American hating democrats. But, when is the last time you heard Besty DeVos reverting a Common Core mandate or principle? Or even suggesting it?

Does anyone honestly believe these generations of children coming through the education systems (college included), will be more likely to think for themselves? That ideological clarity is usually attained when you as an individual have worked hard, or watched your mom and dad work tirelessly every day, or own something of value, or believe in your country, or make decisions based on empirical data instead of emotion, etc., etc., etc. Essentially when you are all grown up.

Today; and before that clarity above, you learn to believe the world will end soon from climate change, that all white people are racists, that the US is a bad country with bad people, that if you choose to be neutral in your biological makeup it's okay and even sanctioned by government, etc., etc,. etc.

We have as close to a state-run media as you can get without them actually controlling the state as you can get.

If you have kids in school, sit with them while they work on their homework in Social Studies, English, & History (if they even are being taught history), and see for yourself.

I truly believe that the political democrat party is out to destroy this country for their own power and are too stupid and full of themselves to understand the consequences. But say what you want about those scumbags, they have entrenched their ******** way of thinking into everything that matters when it comes to the education of the kids in this country. And it's working!

And I got news for ya! Republicans are along for the ride!
    I can walk and chew gum so I’m going to say both our points hold a great deal of truth in them and are not in opposition to each other. My point is when you allow them to frame the conversation they will force you to take a defensive position. As you know defensive positions are meant to withstand attack but it only takes time to be defeated. That’s why the saying ‘the best defense is a good offense’ is timeless and true.

But you are spot on they have slowly but surely infected nearly every institution to the point of critical mass. Fixing the schools would be an excellent offensive tactic, but so is taking control of the conversation. No matter what tactics we take they have to be offensive.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I was at the range last week in the country about 30 miles outside of Nashville. It's a 100yd range on a game reserve. Two cars of young black kids got out and proceeded to the firing lanes carrying I'd say 1000 dollars worth of ammo and 6 glocks with the extended mags. With that they had 3 AR's. They all were the typical "thug" look, pants sagging, etc. They had no safety sense at all muzzles were pointing everywhere. Finally they started shooting. All of them broke out the Iphones and started recording as they ripped through the mags like the Glocks were belt fed. I made my way to my truck to get my pistol just in case someone had the idea of jacking all my stuff since we were miles from anywhere. These kids shot up all that ammo in 30 minutes and packed it in. The conversations they were having scared the crap out of me. They were in some gang and talked about busting caps in folks. Robbing drug dealers and making them beg for their lives. I thank God my buddy and I made it out of it safe and sound.
    Something like that happens, just stay in your lane. And leave something loaded.

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    Along with Crescent City Connection sandblaster and skyscraper window washer, one of Louisiana's most dangerous professions has got to be underground rap video camera man.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom