Police Seize 15 firearms from group filming rap video in Baton Rouge

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'm sure mayor Broom and chief Paul will say that they were making a movie to benifit their church, etc.

I always wonder if any follow up questions are ever asked?

Press Conference

BRPD Spokesperson: "We made arrests and seized 15 weapons. Some of the weapons were reported stolen and some were fully automatic assault rifles (as in machine guns)."

Reporters: Sound of crickets chirping.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I always wonder if any follow up questions are ever asked?

Press Conference

BRPD Spokesperson: "We made arrests and seized 15 weapons. Some of the weapons were reported stolen and some were fully automatic assault rifles (as in machine guns)."

Reporters: Sound of crickets chirping.

That sentence contains no quotes. It's possible that phrase is an interpretation of the information BRPD provided rather than the actual provided information.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    That sentence contains no quotes. It's possible that phrase is an interpretation of the information BRPD provided rather than the actual provided information.

Agreed! Nonetheless, my example was hypothetical.

But if that is what happened here, then that is an egregious error on the the so-called journalist/reporter and the editor of the paper. And if so, it shows a serious lack of knowledge and understanding of what I think is a serious issue.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Agreed! Nonetheless, my example was hypothetical.

But if that is what happened here, then that is an egregious error on the the so-called journalist/reporter and the editor of the paper. And if so, it shows a serious lack of knowledge and understanding of what I think is a serious issue.

I reached out to the reporter and asked about that possibility. She replied with what's quoted below. It appears the information is only in that one article because they were the only one who did any followup to the press release.

"Thanks for reading. Yes, that language wasn’t included in the press release, but when I spoke with police directly, they used the phrase *fully automatic assault rifles,* noting how rare and illegal they are. Hope that clears it up."

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    I reached out to the reporter and asked about that possibility. She replied with what's quoted below. It appears the information is only in that one article because they were the only one who did any followup to the press release.

"Thanks for reading. Yes, that language wasn’t included in the press release, but when I spoke with police directly, they used the phrase *fully automatic assault rifles,* noting how rare and illegal they are. Hope that clears it up."

Thanks!

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Those +20 mag extensions on the 30 round magazines may make those Glocks a little difficult to conceal. There's bound to be some printing there.

Yurd mae.
    3569F60600000578-0-image-a-4_1466205224942.jpg

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_r...cle_0625cdce-dfae-11e9-8359-0fcdfcf51b16.html

"Baton Rouge police made several arrests and seized more than a dozen guns — including some that were stolen and some that police said are fully automatic assault rifles ..."

Where did they get fully automatic assault rifles? This is the only article I found that included this fact. The advocate couldn't have made a mistake could they? Or is this just sensational reporting again where the facts should never get in the way of a good story?
    Standard protocol these days my friend. Usually added to the story like whipped cream on a pastry. It’s not a gun related story until you add the words ‘fully automatic assault rifle with a extra high capacity magazine clip’.
    Doesn’t mean any of those guns on the table are anything more than semi auto rifles and pistols. I was a bit surprised to see adherence to legal barrel length and pistol lowers on those short barreled AR pistols.

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Well. I guess I could have done that. Thank you for following up with the reporter. So that brings me back to "where did they get fully automatic weapons?" That is a large bother. I think I would never be able to afford a transferable full auto if I could find one and go through the red tape required for me to obtain one. I feel I am handicapped by a government with a plethora of gun regulations and criminals are getting everything I can't obtain due to government regulation. Including concealed carry.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    Standard protocol these days my friend. Usually added to the story like whipped cream on a pastry. It’s not a gun related story until you add the words ‘fully automatic assault rifle with a extra high capacity magazine clip’.
    Doesn’t mean any of those guns on the table are anything more than semi auto rifles and pistols. I was a bit surprised to see adherence to legal barrel length and pistol lowers on those short barreled AR pistols.

They didn't build them that way. They were stolen that way. Thats why.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I invite y’all to sit under an overpass in one of the wonderful neighborhoods on New Years even midnight comes. I guarantee you will hear full auto gunfire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I invite y’all to sit under an overpass in one of the wonderful neighborhoods on New Years even midnight comes. I guarantee you will hear full auto gunfire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There are some really safe areas near me where I can take you and you will here full full auto in the distance...

In broad daylight!

Its usually saws and Ma-duces though.:D

Did I mention I live 20 minutes from Shelby?

Last edited:

extra300

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Metairie
    Well. I guess I could have done that. Thank you for following up with the reporter. So that brings me back to "where did they get fully automatic weapons?" That is a large bother. I think I would never be able to afford a transferable full auto if I could find one and go through the red tape required for me to obtain one. I feel I am handicapped by a government with a plethora of gun regulations and criminals are getting everything I can't obtain due to government regulation. Including concealed carry.

Seems like the Police Department doesn't even know what the heck a "fully automatic assault rifles" is? I find it hard to believe any of those evil weapons of war has a 3rd hole or DIAS.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Seems like the Police Department doesn't even know what the heck a "fully automatic assault rifles" is? I find it hard to believe any of those evil weapons of war has a 3rd hole or DIAS.

Because you don't think any of the weapons have a third hole or a DIAS, the police seem like they don't know what an automatic rifle is?

extra300

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Metairie
    Because you don't think any of the weapons have a third hole or a DIAS, the police seem like they don't know what an automatic rifle is?

Your right police are experts in firearms just like the 37yr retired Lieutenant General of the Army who said the AR-15 has "full semi-automatic." If it comes from a higher authority it must be factual. It's all speculation at this point since none of us was involved in the seizure.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom