Police Seize 15 firearms from group filming rap video in Baton Rouge

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    http://www.wbrz.com/news/police-seize-15-guns-from-group-filming-rap-video-in-baton-rouge-neighborhood

Police say they arrested eight people, both adults and juveniles, filming a music video in Baton Rouge Monday.

The Baton Rouge Police Department says officers were called to Pampas Street around 5 p.m. Monday after a caller reported a crowd of people was waving guns in the air.

if40mazksyrq9xox1jn.jpg

The department said three of those weapons had been reported stolen.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I wonder how many of those guns were just "not" reported stolen?!?

Probably all of them.

People are stupid and leave guns in their vehicles all the time.
    People are even more stupid when they leave guns in vehicles unlocked.
    People are even more stupider when they leave guns in vehicles unlocked and don't report them stolen, because it was a cheap gun and they didn't care if it got stolen.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    And people wonder why there is so much violence. They are filming a rap video -- the lyrics of most praise the "thug" life. They take these lyrics as gospel and emulate them.....
    They are low IQ simpletons and this is as much as they can evolve. Lack of education. lack of a role model. And the Cycle of despair keeps getting larger.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Those +20 mag extensions on the 30 round magazines may make those Glocks a little difficult to conceal. There's bound to be some printing there.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I wonder how many of those guns were just "not" reported stolen?!?

Probably due to the owners not keeping the serial number saved or just not caring...or being felons and not allowed to have the gun to begin with haha

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Oh come on... can’t a group of thugs even film an artistic expression of their lives in the capital city without being harassed? I mean these are just props. Yeah I know they’re loaded but gee whiz... and the little bags of weed? Well, props too! What’s a rap video without burning blunts and waving mondo amounts of....
    Ok...where’s the cash? No stacks on that table. Something tells me this bust ain’t totally legit.

How long has it been since the rap video bust at the riverfront? Nobody got shot in that bust either...

Last edited:

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    I’ve seen videos like the one they were filming. I’m surprised that someone called the cops. Usually they film these in the hood.
    Also I’m waiting to hear about their camera man taking a ND to the face! They are always pointing loaded weapons at the Camera.

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_r...cle_0625cdce-dfae-11e9-8359-0fcdfcf51b16.html

"Baton Rouge police made several arrests and seized more than a dozen guns — including some that were stolen and some that police said are fully automatic assault rifles ..."

Where did they get fully automatic assault rifles? This is the only article I found that included this fact. The advocate couldn't have made a mistake could they? Or is this just sensational reporting again where the facts should never get in the way of a good story?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I’ve seen videos like the one they were filming. I’m surprised that someone called the cops. Usually they film these in the hood.
    Also I’m waiting to hear about their camera man taking a ND to the face! They are always pointing loaded weapons at the Camera.

This may come as a shock but not everyone who lives in the hood is a dirtbag. You don't have to have money to be a good person.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_r...cle_0625cdce-dfae-11e9-8359-0fcdfcf51b16.html

"Baton Rouge police made several arrests and seized more than a dozen guns — including some that were stolen and some that police said are fully automatic assault rifles ..."

Where did they get fully automatic assault rifles? This is the only article I found that included this fact. The advocate couldn't have made a mistake could they? Or is this just sensational reporting again where the facts should never get in the way of a good story?

Good catch! When I first read the article, that tidbit went right past me. So, if true, and accurate, that means that fully automatic rifles are in the hands of common street idiots. And then, if just this one group of morons had them, how many other idiots have "fully" automatic rifles out there?

Then you have to ask, why that isn't a bigger story in and of itself?

And why, you many ask? Because most, and I do mean most, legally armed citizens don't have much of a chance against an average shooter with a "fully" automatic rifle hell bent on killing.

AZ2VET

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2017
    Ponchatoula, La.
    According to most movies and tv shows every rifle that exists is full auto and never has to be reloaded. That is where these brain dead idiots get there gun education from as well as politicians who know nothing about firearms.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    According to most movies and tv shows every rifle that exists is full auto and never has to be reloaded. That is where these brain dead idiots get there gun education from as well as politicians who know nothing about firearms.

But this story is in the actual newspaper of record here!?! :confused:

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    I'm sure mayor Broom and chief Paul will say that they were making a movie to benifit their church, etc.

Top Bottom