Beretta Model 81's

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beau Etienne

Take a Card. Any Card.
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    It is the Model 81 that I'm interested in, but I'm trying to save some money on an FFL and shipping. I just discovered a way to do both when I learned that Gander is offering them shipped to their store, so I pulled the trigger.
    When the best 92S's first came out I hesitated and didn't get the 'like new' examples. I'm hoping these 81's will be nice.
    Thanks, Guys

arcomm3

Privateer
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    S.E.La.
    Some are rough. I have seen four so far. I think it depends on where they come from. I have seen Israeli surplus before which was as clean as could be. The 81's I have seen are Italian police trade ins. They are the dirtiest guns I have ever seen. One was very neglected, I don't think it was ever wiped down. The slide had a crazy amount of surface rust. That being said, the bores were good after much, much cleaning. Also the frames were not that bad. I would say if you get a good purchase price and maybe cerakote the slide it is not a bad piece.

Beau Etienne

Take a Card. Any Card.
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    Some are rough. I have seen four so far. I think it depends on where they come from. I have seen Israeli surplus before which was as clean as could be. The 81's I have seen are Italian police trade ins. They are the dirtiest guns I have ever seen. One was very neglected, I don't think it was ever wiped down. The slide had a crazy amount of surface rust. That being said, the bores were good after much, much cleaning. Also the frames were not that bad. I would say if you get a good purchase price and maybe cerakote the slide it is not a bad piece.

Got my fingers crossed! UNO grad?

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I paid the extra $25 for hand select and was very pleased. I’ve only sent 4 mags through it because I didn’t wanna put a big dent in my seecamp stores. All I have in 32 is silver tips at the moment. I have a couple of pristine 84’s and have always been curious about the 81. Typical clean breaking Beretta trigger on single action, double action first shot is smooth enough. No FTF or any other issues. I believe they dipped it in an oil vat before shipping tho. I may buy another from Classic.

Beau Etienne

Take a Card. Any Card.
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    I paid the extra $25 for hand select and was very pleased. I’ve only sent 4 mags through it because I didn’t wanna put a big dent in my seecamp stores. All I have in 32 is silver tips at the moment. I have a couple of pristine 84’s and have always been curious about the 81. Typical clean breaking Beretta trigger on single action, double action first shot is smooth enough. No FTF or any other issues. I believe they dipped it in an oil vat before shipping tho. I may buy another from Classic.

Good to hear. Thanks.

Last edited:

Beau Etienne

Take a Card. Any Card.
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    Maybe crossing my fingers did work because I'm not really a lucky guy. These pics are straight from the box. I still need to clean her up.

Attachments

• DSC01773.jpg
      DSC01773.jpg
      251.4 KB · Views: 113
    • DSC01775.jpg
      DSC01775.jpg
      244.3 KB · Views: 117

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Maybe crossing my fingers did work because I'm not really a lucky guy. These pics are straight from the box. I still need to clean her up.

Well there you go bro. I ordered another this morning after work, but took a chance on condition this time, lol. I figure it’s gotta at least be a decent shooter and I can just put this one up.
    Currently searching for a bulk deal on some ammo. I’ll post up here if I find a decent deal or two. Go shoot that thing! They’re real sweet.

Beau Etienne

Take a Card. Any Card.
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    Well there you go bro. I ordered another this morning after work, but took a chance on condition this time, lol. I figure it’s gotta at least be a decent shooter and I can just put this one up.
    Currently searching for a bulk deal on some ammo. I’ll post up here if I find a decent deal or two. Go shoot that thing! They’re real sweet.

23 cents a round with $14 shipping if you like. https://www.sgammo.com/product/32-a...-auto-prvi-partizan-71-grain-fmj-ammo-pph32af

Top Bottom