Why are these people not being aressted?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsg34

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    Prosecuting a specific come a few times is not building a career. Besides, a DA who hopes that one day the public will vote for him to be a judge would benefit in the court of public opinion by prosecuting a crime that causes so much public outrage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

District Attorneys make more than judges, are not required to retire at 70, can be involved in the practice of law, have a much larger staff and more power. DAs don't aspire to becoming judges. It's actually the other way around.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    There's a separate law that provides exemptions concerning farm animals. (Part of the law is quoted below.) With respect to captive wild animals, I would say a maintained enclosure that would deter people from entering (like a zoo enclosure) would not reasonably viewed as reckless. But I believe an unleashed or unrestrained dog would certainly be included.

LA R.S. 9:2795.1
    (7) "Inherent risks of farm animal activities" means those dangers or conditions which are an integral part of a farm animal activity, including but not limited to:
    (a) The propensity of a farm animal to behave in ways that may result in injury, harm, or death to persons on or around them.
    (b) The unpredictability of a farm animal's reaction to such things as sounds, sudden movement, and unfamiliar objects, persons, or other animals.
    (c) Certain hazards such as surface and subsurface conditions.
    (d) Collisions with other farm animals or objects.
    (e) The potential of a participant to act in a negligent manner that may contribute to injury to the participant or others, such as failing to maintain control over the farm animal or not acting within his ability.

Well so much for equal protection under the law. Seems to me we have some government sponsored speciesism against dogs. :rofl:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Many laws have subjective terminology. Extenuating circumstances also play a part. Was the parent on drugs, left the kid in the because they were high, etc.

And what is *gross negligence*. As many people that read this forum could all have their own definition.

I worked a traffic accident with a fatality. Person A was headed south at an intersection waiting to turn left to get on the interstate, their light turned green (not the green arrow), as she proceeded through the intersection a motorcycle traveling north, who also had a green light T-boned vehicle A and he died.

She caused a death, but it wasn’t deemed due to gross negligence ( turning left on green light ) so no manslaughter, no negligent homicide. It was a tragic consequence to a simple traffic error....failure to yield.

And not rehash what’s been discussed ad nauseam, is jail the right thing? What if this is the only working member in the family, has other children, what more can you take away from that person whose child died due to negligence?

Certainly there are cases that a parent fully deserves it, and on the other side of that coin...there are some that don’t.

The law isn’t black and white, rarely is it equal and certainly it isn’t fair.....

I think you hit the nail on the head.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    District Attorneys make more than judges, are not required to retire at 70, can be involved in the practice of law, have a much larger staff and more power. DAs don't aspire to becoming judges. It's actually the other way around.

Interesting. You should get this information out there. There seems to be a lot of DAs and judges that aren't aware of this.

Top Bottom