Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Info Menu

Anyone else had this happen?

So a guy post a gun you are interested in, he is asking a price that is somewhat higher than current market prices. You make a fair offer and he gets offended and makes some rude comments and turns you down. Two weeks later sells gun for your original offer after dropping price incrementally over the 2 week period. Is this a common occurrence? Has it happened to you? Please discuss.

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

That is not common on this forum but it happens occasionally.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    That is not common on this forum but it happens occasionally.
    Because no one ever lowers their prices to a fair price point.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Welcome to the world of B.S.

Gunbroker pricing vs the real world prices.....
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

User Info Menu

That's good to know, I am still fairly new to this site and have had two awesome transactions previously, glad to hear it is not common. Thanks for your reply.

User Info Menu

Right? I explained to him that they were selling brand new for less than he was asking and his reply was "but you can't find them in stock for that price" to which I replied yeah because that is what the market is for them currently. It's frustrating because he could have had the money that he settled for two weeks earlier and I would have payed a fair price for a weapon I wanted.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Some people don't understand how negotiating works. Oh, and some people are just buttholes...

Marksman

User Info Menu

Welcome to Bayou shooters, where all used guns are list price + 20%/ OOOOH wait, I forgot, that price includes an uncle mikes holster...
    Last edited by Danny Abear; October 1st, 2019 at 05:12 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Abear View Post
    Welcome to Bayou shooters, where all used guns are list price + 20%
    Nailed it

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Don’t sweat it BG, we can find you another collectors’ edition high point.
    I kid. Seriously though, if it’s something you really want, lemme show you to another BS phenomenon, the ‘Copycat Sale’. Somehow when someone talks about the firearm in question, another will magically come up for sale. Tell us what model it was ya missed out on and let’s see... Ok, I’m joking.
    But really, kick it around if you’re still looking for one of whatever gun it was. Place a WTB ad in the marketplace and see what pops up. It’s worked for me a few times.
    Watch this...

I’m in the market for old and broken Mossberg 500 12ga shotguns or parts thereof....if anyone wants to PM me for some fast cash.

We call this tactic ‘Thread Jacking’.
    Last edited by Magdump; October 1st, 2019 at 04:25 PM.