Anyone else had this happen?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    belle chasse
    So a guy post a gun you are interested in, he is asking a price that is somewhat higher than current market prices. You make a fair offer and he gets offended and makes some rude comments and turns you down. Two weeks later sells gun for your original offer after dropping price incrementally over the 2 week period. Is this a common occurrence? Has it happened to you? Please discuss.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    belle chasse
    That's good to know, I am still fairly new to this site and have had two awesome transactions previously, glad to hear it is not common. Thanks for your reply.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    belle chasse
    Right? I explained to him that they were selling brand new for less than he was asking and his reply was "but you can't find them in stock for that price" to which I replied yeah because that is what the market is for them currently.:doh: It's frustrating because he could have had the money that he settled for two weeks earlier and I would have payed a fair price for a weapon I wanted.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    Welcome to Bayou shooters, where all used guns are list price + 20%/ OOOOH wait, I forgot, that price includes an uncle mikes holster...

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Don’t sweat it BG, we can find you another collectors’ edition high point.
    I kid. Seriously though, if it’s something you really want, lemme show you to another BS phenomenon, the ‘Copycat Sale’. Somehow when someone talks about the firearm in question, another will magically come up for sale. Tell us what model it was ya missed out on and let’s see... Ok, I’m joking.
    But really, kick it around if you’re still looking for one of whatever gun it was. Place a WTB ad in the marketplace and see what pops up. It’s worked for me a few times.
    Watch this...

I’m in the market for old and broken Mossberg 500 12ga shotguns or parts thereof....if anyone wants to PM me for some fast cash.

We call this tactic ‘Thread Jacking’.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I think some people fail to realize that when they proactively try to sell an item, they are undertaking the role of "salesman!" If you are in sales, and you are not being rejected every day, you are not calling enough prospects! Rejection sucks, but is part of sales.

From the buying perspective, If I don't actually need or want your item, but are willing to offer you something for your item (even if you state "firm"), don't be insulted! It happens every day in sales!

And situations change. He may not have needed to have that money for his past due rent or electrical bill two weeks earlier. :dunno:

I forgot to mention, this is an interactive forum and marketplace. You want people to, well; "interact!"

Last edited:

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I’m in the market for old and broken Mossberg 500 12ga shotguns or parts thereof....if anyone wants to PM me for some fast cash.

We call this tactic ‘Thread Jacking’.

I had no idea that you were into mossberg 500 shotguns. Is this a recent thing? I have been on the forum for a while. Never seen you mention it before.

I call this "sarcastic thread jacking"

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I had no idea that you were into mossberg 500 shotguns. Is this a recent thing? I have been on the forum for a while. Never seen you mention it before.

I call this "sarcastic thread jacking"
    DOH!!

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget the random mix of ammo, and the "handloads he got from a buddy".

DOH!!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom