Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23
    On Target

User Info Menu

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Yes, the Standard or MKI as some folks refer to them do have a different floor plate and only hold 9 rounds, but are simple to modify for a full 10, the II and III share the floorplate but run the spring helper on opposite sides of the mag.

The 22/45 mags have always been different.
    If I had to unload all my Ruger .22 pistols these few would be the last to go. They are fun little guns.
    MD,

You certainly have a great "keeper collection" of Mk's...bet they all shoot superbly!!

Unfortunately, I have an original RST Vintage 9-round mag (came with my used standard), with the solid pressed-in and pinned silver base plate! Going to leave it well enough alone, as I have "6" MkII mags to use with my Standard and MkI Target 6 7/8". Some members on RFC state it is a Collectable, so that Vintage mag will be relinquished as a safe queen investment (especially with the going E-Bay prices)!!

Ted
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ruger Vintage RST Mag.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	149.3 KB 
ID:	90407  
    Last edited by Theo; November 21st, 2019 at 08:44 AM.
    Jack of Many Trades-Master of a Few

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Ruger Mk History-Going Backwards!

Quote Originally Posted by Theo View Post
    MD,

You certainly have a great "keeper collection" of Mk's...bet they all shoot superbly!!

Unfortunately, I have an original RST Vintage 9-round mag (came with my used standard), with the solid pressed-in and pinned silver base plate! Going to leave it well enough alone, as I have "6" MkII mags to use with my Standard and MkI Target 6 7/8". Some members on RFC state it is a Collectable, so that Vintage mag will be relinquished as a safe queen investment (especially with the going E-Bay prices)!!

Ted
    +1 on the vintage mags, donít cut the follower on those. I have a few originals that I wouldnít dare touch. The newer Ruger MKI mags have a plastic base plate that I actually had to trim for them to fit.
    I havenít found a standard that isnít a great shooter, but the government model and target with those bull barrels arenít really my favorites. Definitely donít wanna carry those in the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Magdump; November 24th, 2019 at 08:47 AM.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct itóóó
    Bangswitch

On Target

User Info Menu

Cool All Good!!!

...I havenít found a standard that isnít a great shooter, but the government model and target with those bull barrels arenít really my favorites. Definitely donít wanna carry those in the field.
    Hope everyone had a Blessed Thanksgiving. We did, especially the "Dirty Bird" feast Thursday night!!

Seems I have "No Bad Apples" in the whole Ruger Mk Bunch. Best accuracy is with the 6 7/8" longer barrels, especially the Hunter with the RDR scope. Even the 4.4" Lite uppers shoot surprisingly tight groupings. Any limitations aren't on these fine .22 shooters, it's on Me...probably, always will be!

Ted
    Jack of Many Trades-Master of a Few

Take a Card. Any Card.

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Nice pistols! I have only one and it's a MK2 with VQ parts where it matters most.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01675.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	261.1 KB 
ID:	90649
    ďWe Sackett boys never killed anything we didn't need to eat unless it was coming at us.Ē

Redneck with a gun!

User Info Menu

Yes, the Standard or MKI as some folks refer to them do have a different floor plate and only hold 9 rounds, but are simple to modify for a full 10, the II and III share the floorplate but run the spring helper on opposite sides of the mag.

The 22/45 mags have always been different.
    If I had to unload all my Ruger .22 pistols these few would be the last to go. They are fun little guns.

22/45 mags are not different. Mark 3 hunter mag on the left, 22/45 on the right. Only base plates are different.