Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All or nothing

User Info Menu

Ruger Mk History-Going Backwards!

pM sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Magdump; October 7th, 2019 at 08:07 PM.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct it
    Bangswitch

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    pM sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Got it....Thanks!

Ted
    Jack of Many Trades-Master of a Few

User Info Menu

Smile

Received a 1978 MkI 6 7/8" Heavy Taper blued Ruger today. Action, lower, upper and bore were clean, but had some work to do on the bolt (wasn't clean at all). Trigger is an AMT with OT screw. Had to fit the disconnector as trigger reset wasn't consistent. Hammer and sear were honed to a fine 1.75# crisp break and the overall action had very little travel! Rifling looks Sharp and Shinny!

Cleaned the blued exterior and it looks real good, except for the back of the grip area to the right of the seated main spring...blued finish is worn off. I won the bid @$200, so what I got for the investment I'm happy with. Doesn't look too bad, but need to decide if I should send in to Ruger for a re-firb + face-lift (an additional $140)!?!

Ted
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ruger MkI Heavy Taper 6.825 Inch-4.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	170.5 KB 
ID:	89281   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ruger MkI Heavy Taper 6.825 Inch-3.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	170.6 KB 
ID:	89280   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6568.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	89376  
    Last edited by Theo; October 12th, 2019 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Added 3rd Pic
    Jack of Many Trades-Master of a Few

All or nothing

User Info Menu

you got a good deal. Sounds like the gun’s in good shape. Not sure what I’d do. Either shoot and enjoy it as is or send it in to be made like new and put it in the safe....never to see the light of day again!
    Lol, j/k. Can’t lose either way
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct it
    Bangswitch