SOLD: Romanian "G" AK47 Rifle

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

extra300

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Metairie
    Beautiful original classic matching numbers Romanian "G" AKM-47. It has your original patina, original wood furniture, bakelite pistol grip, original Romanian chrome-lined barrel, and authentic leather Romy sling. It comes with the desired "G" stamped on the rear sight block along with the correct Romanian style embossments and engraving I assembled on a Recreator receiver with matching serial number. Zeroed with less than 40rds down the pipe without fail. Mag not included.

Last edited:

Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    Is it legal to sell one of these you assembled yourself? I thought regs required it be kept by the builder. Incorrect understanding?

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    Does it have a serial number? That is the only way you can sell it. Im also pretty sure you have to go through an FFl at least initially from a home build.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    :mamoru: EXTRA300 is a master ak builder on several diff sights... your right I think he is trying to slip a un serialized illegal ak on a social media website for all the gov. and the public to see... you cought him!!!! the gigs up sucka lol

pretty sure he never stated 80% lower and if he did im sure he already got it serialized and ready for sell... just saying

Last edited:

extra300

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Metairie
    Does it have a serial number? That is the only way you can sell it. Im also pretty sure you have to go through an FFl at least initially from a home build.

Wrong again! Seriously, this is one of the issues of the internet and fake news media. We read and see what someone posts on a forum or says on TV and literally take it for Gospel!! If you read it on the internet forums or heard it on TV, it MUST be true! WRONG! Problem with society today, nobody will take the time to read the damn law, rather just regurtitate what Billy Bob said on some forum because Billy Bobs brother from another mother was a deputy Sheriff and thats what he said.

You see if I didn't respond to this misinformation others would read it thinking it must be true. It will then take someone to read the law to gather the facts..well that would require too much work...right?

Thanks for crapping on my ad!

Yes, this Romanian G rifle being sold has a matching serial number on the receiver. serial number for personal build is not required to sell

No, you DON'T need to go through an FFL to sell!

Last edited:

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    Wrong again! Seriously, this is one of the issues of the internet and fake news media. We read and see what someone posts on a forum or says on TV and literally take it for Gospel!! If you read it on the internet forums or heard it on TV, it MUST be true! WRONG! Problem with society today, nobody will take the time to read the damn law, rather just regurtitate what Billy Bob said on some forum because Billy Bobs brother from another mother was a deputy Sheriff and thats what he said.

You see if I didn't respond to this misinformation others would read it thinking it must be true. It will then take someone to read the law to gather the facts..well that would require too much work...right?

Since the ad has now been "thread crapped" on.

Yes, it has a serial number and NO a serial number is NOT required to sell it!!

No, you DON'T need to go through an FFL to sell!

Show us where a serial number isnt required to sell it. Spare us the society speech. Some us dont feel like having the ATF knock down the door for buying an illegally bought home build, and you dont need that either for selling it. Thats why its being asked. Why do people cut up the Ak receiver and turn them into parts kits to sell home builds on sites like Ak files? To test thier sawzall skills?

Please site something from a .gov website not something nails or someone else said on the Akfiles. If you do, I will admit im wrong. I know who you are on the files; so bashing where people get thier info from on the web is laughable.

Last edited:

extra300

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Metairie
    :mamoru: EXTRA300 is a master ak builder on several diff sights... your right I think he is trying to slip a un serialized illegal ak on a social media website for all the gov. and the public to see... you cought him!!!! the gigs up sucka lol

pretty sure he never stated 80% lower and if he did im sure he already got it serialized and ready for sell... just saying

LOL..

Comrade Fish

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    "Recordkeeping Requirements

If a homemade firearm is sold or transferred (as long as the gun was originally made for personal use), the sale is subject to the same set of transactional regulations that govern sales between private individuals. For example, while federally licensed firearms dealers are required to conduct background checks on prospective purchasers and maintain records of all firearms transactions, the sale of a firearm between two private individuals is not subject to the same level of scrutiny.

According to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (BATF), an individual can sell or transfer a firearm to another person without record keeping as long as both individuals reside in the same state and the recipient is not someone who falls within the categories of prohibited persons (such as a convicted felon). There may be state or local regulations that otherwise impact the transaction, but as far as federal law is concerned, it is not necessary for the seller to be licensed, nor is the seller required to perform a background check of the buyer. There is no federal regulation that precludes a transaction involving a homemade firearm from being sold or transferred in a similar manner, as long as such a sale or transfer was not the original intent of the firearm’s maker.

Additional Identifying Marks

Federal law does not require a*homemade gun to have an identifying marker*(such as a serial number), as long as it remains in the possession of the original maker. However, if the gun is subsequently sold or otherwise transferred, it should be marked prior to its disposition. The*ATF*suggests that all homemade firearms be marked with a serial number as a safeguard in the event the firearm is lost or stolen, but*requires*it if the gun is otherwise lawfully transferred in the future."

No FFL needed (federal, but state may require and LA doesn't) Serial number is technically required.

An LEO overheard a customer tell us at the range I worked at he had bought the AR he was trying to trade in from a friend, and he built it, that's why no serial.

Less than 30 minutes later, the alphabet boy showed up and confiscated the rifle.

I personally think the ATF is BS, but unfortunately they do look at home built guns with no serial on the receiver as a no no to transfer.

That being said, I'd love to have this rifle and am actually trying to convince a friend to buy my rifle so I can get it.

Comrade Fish

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Also want to point out I'm not taking sides and I've bought and sold many home built AKs and even built s few myself back in the stone age of only having ITM receivers.

The Recreator receivers are serial numbered from the manufacturer and therefore a legal firearm in itself minus the kit.

Therefore this rifle is 100% legal. Leave the dude be and let him sell his AK....hopefully to me.:mamoru:

extra300

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Metairie
    Show us where a serial number isnt required to sell it. Spare us the society speech. Some us dont feel like having the ATF knock down the door for buying an illegally bought home build, and you dont need that either for selling it. Thats why its being asked. Why do people cut up the Ak receiver and turn them into parts kits to sell home builds on sites like Ak files? To test thier sawzall skills?

Please site something from a .gov website not something nails or someone else said on the Akfiles. If you do, I will admit im wrong. I know who you are on the files; so bashing where people get thier info from on the web is laughable.

Really? You want me to do your bidding, ehh? Lazy? So you now want me to spoon feed you information? You need to show some effort my friend. Prove to me you actually took the time to reasearch the facts.

"Why do people cut up the Ak receiver and turn them into parts kits to sell home builds on sites like Ak files? To test thier sawzall skills?" Really? Is this where your intel is coming from?

Spare us the society speech. Hell no! I will call you out especially when you are the problem!

Last edited:

Comrade Fish

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Really? You want me to do your bidding, ehh? Lazy? So you now want me to spoon feed you information? You need to show some effort my friend. Prove to me you actually took the time to reasearch the facts.

"Why do people cut up the Ak receiver and turn them into parts kits to sell home builds on sites like Ak files? To test thier sawzall skills?" Really? Is this where your intel is coming from?

:rofl:

extra300

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Metairie
    "Recordkeeping Requirements
    If a homemade firearm is sold or transferred (as long as the gun was originally made for personal use), the sale is subject to the same set of transactional regulations that govern sales between private individuals. For example, while federally licensed firearms dealers are required to conduct background checks on prospective purchasers and maintain records of all firearms transactions, the sale of a firearm between two private individuals is not subject to the same level of scrutiny.

According to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (BATF), an individual can sell or transfer a firearm to another person without record keeping as long as both individuals reside in the same state and the recipient is not someone who falls within the categories of prohibited persons (such as a convicted felon). There may be state or local regulations that otherwise impact the transaction, but as far as federal law is concerned, it is not necessary for the seller to be licensed, nor is the seller required to perform a background check of the buyer. There is no federal regulation that precludes a transaction involving a homemade firearm from being sold or transferred in a similar manner, as long as such a sale or transfer was not the original intent of the firearm’s maker.

Additional Identifying Marks
    Federal law does not require a*homemade gun to have an identifying marker*(such as a serial number), as long as it remains in the possession of the original maker. However, if the gun is subsequently sold or otherwise transferred, it should be marked prior to its disposition. The*ATF*suggests that all homemade firearms be marked with a serial number as a safeguard in the event the firearm is lost or stolen, but*requires*it if the gun is otherwise lawfully transferred in the future."
    No FFL needed (federal, but state may require and LA doesn't) Serial number is technically required.

That being said, I'd love to have this rifle and am actually trying to convince a friend to buy my rifle so I can get it.��

Comrade Fish - respect brother. Amazing how you were able to find relevant facts in a few minutes - yet an NRA FUDD couldn't.....crickets are now upon us. It's preposterous to think how someone thinks it's acceptable to pollute an internet forum with misinformation, even worse, crapp on my ad because they couldn't find it in them to do the research.

Back to the ad, if you're interested, I'll include a Romanian mag and a box of ammo for your contribution. Send me a PM if you get a sale on your rifle. Thx

Not trying to steal your thunder extra300... but I have 2 nice aks for sell with serial numbers on them:mamoru: i swear

Lol....I'll take you up on your private cache of Arsenal's firearms....you know the ones you've been hording! :ninja:

Last edited:

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana

Spare us the society speech. Hell no! I will call you out especially when you are the problem!

Thats what I thought you cant prove it. See you on the files. You know where that is right? The internet.

Your rifle is serialized already so you good to go on this particular rifle.

Put a un-serialized 0-80% home build on here next to sell if your so confident what "you" read on the internet.

Comrade Fish

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Why do people cut up the Ak receiver and turn them into parts kits to sell home builds on sites like Ak files? To test thier sawzall skills?

Please site something from a .gov website not something nails or someone else said on the Akfiles. If you do, I will admit im wrong.

Holy crap dude. Admit you got worked up, started a fuss over this and were wrong, then let it go.

Also the "people" who cut up the AK receivers/barrels are REQUIRED TO BY THE GOVERNMENT.

The original receivers and barrels (yes..barrels...the atf is that stupid... ) are considered "machine guns" under law and therefore not legal to be sold.

So no one is cutting up an AK to "test their sawzall skills."

It honestly sounds to me like you have zero knowledge of AK import laws and how a kit build with an original barrel is the closest you can get to "as issued."

Sure, a WASR is fine, but this rifle here, minus receiver, is an actual military (well in this case, militia) used AK.

Now as Elsa sings "Let it goooo, let it goooooo!."

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    Holy crap dude. Admit you got worked up, started a fuss over this and were wrong, then let it go.

Also the "people" who cut up the AK receivers/barrels are REQUIRED TO BY THE GOVERNMENT.

The original receivers and barrels (yes..barrels...the atf is that stupid... ) are considered "machine guns" under law and therefore not legal to be sold.

So no one is cutting up an AK to "test their sawzall skills."

It honestly sounds to me like you have zero knowledge of AK import laws and how a kit build with an original barrel is the closest you can get to "as issued."

Sure, a WASR is fine, but this rifle here, minus receiver, is an actual military (well in this case, militia) used AK.

Now as Elsa sings "Let it goooo, let it goooooo!."

When did anyone's private transactions become any of your business?

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom