Help needed Want to change out AK trigger group

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunshow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Westwego
    I want to change out my TapcoAK trigger group on my Romanian AK and put back a Romanian trigger back in . What should I look for when purchasing the trigger any Arsenal marks is its drop in fit are shims needed ? Thank you David

Last edited:

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    confused about your question ? You want to take out your Romanian trigger and replace it with a Romanian trigger?

confused?

if you want another Romanian trigger, get a RAK-1 they are Romanian triggers and good to go.

id assume you’re putting it in a WASR? So just get a single hook Rak-1.

out of building all my AK’s I’ve never had a trigger not fit. That’s the one area where all AKs are to be within specifications with regard to FCG dimensions. Only time one would not fit is if your AK is built for a double hook trigger and your attempt to install a single hook trigger. It will not work. Not many AK receivers are cut for double hook only, mostly it’s on Chinese AKM’s.

if you have to file of modify a trigger to fit then your gun or whatever non com bloc after market trigger you have is not within Ak specs.

all you have to do is remove the axis pin retainer hook. The long pin that looks like a Shepard’s hook that holds the hammer and trigger axis pins In to keep them from walking out.

this is a Shepard’s hook pin retainer
    DSCN1056.JPG

then remove trigger axis pin, install new trigger and disconnector, put in axis pin and replace that Shepard’s hook with a retaining plate which makes it 100x easier to reinstall the. The Shepard’s hook. Take that Shepard’s hook and toss it in the trash.

you can find the better pin retainer one here; https://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29836

this latches onto the hammer/trigger/safety pin holes to prevent pins walking out.

Last edited:

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    One thing I forgot to mention as well is the hammer springs needs to be lifted off the trigger arms, you can take them and bend themback and cross then behind the hammer. Once you do that take your am cleaning kit cap and place it over the cross spring arms to prevent them from slipping and slinging back, if your fingers are in there, you will get a nice Kalashnikov snake bite.

storing the hammer springs on hammer;
    cmUgA9z.jpg

Using cleaning kit cap to hold them in place;
    K-47-Cleaning-Kit-660x420-660x420.jpg

gunshow

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Westwego
    It has a Tapco trigger . Where do you get the Ram-1 trigger from? Are you located near New Orleans

Top Bottom