Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ready, Shoot, Aim!

User Info Menu

St. Aug. pre-game chant.....

St. Aug will "investigate" a pre-game chant caught on video. The chant includes racial slurs by the coach that were repeated by the students.

This is a catholic school. Let's see if the archdiocese steps in.....they probably won't.

https://www.wwltv.com/article/sports...vDvURfA8mn16K8

Sic semper tyrannis

User Info Menu

Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

I like guns because they're f*cking awesome.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

How dare those children get fired up to go onto a field and pummel each other.

Parents: "YOU CAN'T SAY THOSE WORDS"
    Also Parents: "Man, Jimmy knocked the crap out of that other kid. Good tackle."

Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

I have no problem with this whatsoever. The term has so many adaptations and contexts; and has been watered down so much, it is almost laughable to always expect it to be unused "unless."

I do not believe these kids are thinking that the Brother Martin kids (mostly white), are themselves, "Ni&&ers" in the terms' most racist form. On its face that is silly. Contextually, they are naming them as equals in rivalry or competition. Just yet, another form of usage. They don't even think twice about using this term in the racist way, because they are not emoting direct hatred towards the Brother Martin (mostly white), team. Even if Brother Martin were all black or had a star blue chip running back or quarterback that were black (I do not know), that the St. Aug team was going to game plan to stop, this connotation cannot be construed as "racist."

I grew up in a neighborhood and attended schools in N.O. where the term was almost always used between white and black friends as a term of endearment. As in; "my ni&&a." Sounds very similar to the way blacks use the term among friends today, even though we were ALL supposed to stop?!? Did Jesse Jackson truly believe that Obama was the racist emanation of the term when he was caught on a hot mike calling him this? Did Al Sharpton? Do rappers (in almost every thing they do ), believe this?

What is happening with this term, like with every other so called, derogatory word, it has been used so frequently for the wrong connotation, it means nothing anymore (like calling Bush and Trump Nazi's), unless someone wants it to. Without a doubt, it has clear meaning when it is used in a certain way, but who doesn't know which meaning is being used when they hear it? Even the most hardened racists knows in their hearts which form of this word they mean when they utter it, and so do those on the receiving end.

Now, one could argue this coach should not be involved personally, or the school should not want to be associated with this or have this aired in public, but I would bet if asked, and if he spoke candidly, he would attest that he sees no harm in this chant.

If this country is dead set on eliminating the use of this term across the board, then we better get a shit load of those memory erasing flashers from the Men in Black movies because the PC word police are losing this case big time.

As always, in the English language; Context means everything!
    Last edited by Emperor; October 8th, 2019 at 10:45 AM.
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    I have no problem with this whatsoever. The term has so many adaptations and contexts; and has been watered down so much, it is almost laughable to always expect it to be unused "unless."

I do not believe these kids are thinking that the Brother Martin kids (mostly white), are themselves, "Ni&&ers" in the terms' most racist form. On its face that is silly. Contextually, they are naming them as equals in rivalry or competition. Just yet, another form of usage. They don't even think twice about using this term in the racist way, because they are not emoting direct hatred towards the Brother Martin (mostly white), team. Even if Brother Martin were all black or had a star blue chip running back or quarterback that were black (I do not know), that the St. Aug team was going to game plan to stop, this connotation cannot be construed as "racist."

I grew up in a neighborhood and attended schools in N.O. where the term was almost always used between white and black friends as a term of endearment. As in; "my ni&&a." Sounds very similar to the way blacks use the term among friends today, even though we were ALL supposed to stop?!? Did Jesse Jackson truly believe that Obama was the racist emanation of the term when he was caught on a hot mike calling him this? Did Al Sharpton? Do rappers (in almost every thing they do ), believe this?

What is happening with this term, like with every other so called, derogatory word, it has been used so frequently for the wrong connotation, it means nothing anymore (like calling Bush and Trump Nazi's), unless someone wants it to. Without a doubt, it has clear meaning when it is used in a certain way, but who doesn't know which meaning is being used when they hear it? Even the most hardened racists knows in their hearts which form of this word they mean when they utter it, and so do those on the receiving end.

Now, one could argue this coach should not be involved personally, or the school should not want to be associated with this or have this aired in public, but I would bet if asked, and if he spoke candidly, he would attest that he sees no harm in this chant.

If this country is dead set on eliminating the use of this term across the board, then we better get a shit load of those memory erasing flashers from the Men in Black movies because the PC word police are losing this case big time.

As always, in the English language; Context means everything!
    I can almost guarantee that this "outrage" isn't coming from the school itself. They don't care about what goes on in the locker room, they want wins.

Hell, Holy Cross hired Andy Canizarro. He's a super shining example of being a good Christian... except for the part about cheating on his wife with female athletes at MS State. No biggie.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rcm192 View Post

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

I wrestled for a similiar private school and am not shocked at all. Every single school has similar, vulgar chants to get everyone fired up before a game/match.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Ready, Shoot, Aim!

User Info Menu

If it can be said as a chant in a locker room then it should be able to be echoed by the cheerleaders on the sidelines too. There is your litmus test, does it pass...….errr, no.

Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CatCam View Post
    If it can be said as a chant in a locker room then it should be able to be echoed by the cheerleaders on the sidelines too. There is your litmus test, does it pass...….errr, no.
    That wouldn't bother me either!
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

Ready, Shoot, Aim!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    That wouldn't bother me either!
    It wouldn't bother me either but let's run this Hypothetical scenario. Let's say Country Day or Neuman High School's cheerleaders lead this chant at a pep rally and somebody filmed it and uploaded it on Social Media or gave it to the news outlets. There would be an absolute outcry by certain groups......the double standard is what is dividing this country.