St. Aug. pre-game chant.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    4fa.png

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    How dare those children get fired up to go onto a field and pummel each other.

Parents: "YOU CAN'T SAY THOSE WORDS"
    Also Parents: "Man, Jimmy knocked the crap out of that other kid. Good tackle."

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I have no problem with this whatsoever. The term has so many adaptations and contexts; and has been watered down so much, it is almost laughable to always expect it to be unused "unless."

I do not believe these kids are thinking that the Brother Martin kids (mostly white), are themselves, "Ni&&ers" in the terms' most racist form. On its face that is silly. Contextually, they are naming them as equals in rivalry or competition. Just yet, another form of usage. They don't even think twice about using this term in the racist way, because they are not emoting direct hatred towards the Brother Martin (mostly white), team. Even if Brother Martin were all black or had a star blue chip running back or quarterback that were black (I do not know), that the St. Aug team was going to game plan to stop, this connotation cannot be construed as "racist."

I grew up in a neighborhood and attended schools in N.O. where the term was almost always used between white and black friends as a term of endearment. As in; "my ni&&a." Sounds very similar to the way blacks use the term among friends today, even though we were ALL supposed to stop?!? Did Jesse Jackson truly believe that Obama was the racist emanation of the term when he was caught on a hot mike calling him this? Did Al Sharpton? Do rappers (in almost every thing they do :rolleyes:), believe this?

What is happening with this term, like with every other so called, derogatory word, it has been used so frequently for the wrong connotation, it means nothing anymore (like calling Bush and Trump Nazi's), unless someone wants it to. Without a doubt, it has clear meaning when it is used in a certain way, but who doesn't know which meaning is being used when they hear it? Even the most hardened racists knows in their hearts which form of this word they mean when they utter it, and so do those on the receiving end.

Now, one could argue this coach should not be involved personally, or the school should not want to be associated with this or have this aired in public, but I would bet if asked, and if he spoke candidly, he would attest that he sees no harm in this chant.

If this country is dead set on eliminating the use of this term across the board, then we better get a **** load of those memory erasing flashers from the Men in Black movies because the PC word police are losing this case big time.

As always, in the English language; Context means everything!

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I have no problem with this whatsoever. The term has so many adaptations and contexts; and has been watered down so much, it is almost laughable to always expect it to be unused "unless."

I do not believe these kids are thinking that the Brother Martin kids (mostly white), are themselves, "Ni&&ers" in the terms' most racist form. On its face that is silly. Contextually, they are naming them as equals in rivalry or competition. Just yet, another form of usage. They don't even think twice about using this term in the racist way, because they are not emoting direct hatred towards the Brother Martin (mostly white), team. Even if Brother Martin were all black or had a star blue chip running back or quarterback that were black (I do not know), that the St. Aug team was going to game plan to stop, this connotation cannot be construed as "racist."

I grew up in a neighborhood and attended schools in N.O. where the term was almost always used between white and black friends as a term of endearment. As in; "my ni&&a." Sounds very similar to the way blacks use the term among friends today, even though we were ALL supposed to stop?!? Did Jesse Jackson truly believe that Obama was the racist emanation of the term when he was caught on a hot mike calling him this? Did Al Sharpton? Do rappers (in almost every thing they do :rolleyes:), believe this?

What is happening with this term, like with every other so called, derogatory word, it has been used so frequently for the wrong connotation, it means nothing anymore (like calling Bush and Trump Nazi's), unless someone wants it to. Without a doubt, it has clear meaning when it is used in a certain way, but who doesn't know which meaning is being used when they hear it? Even the most hardened racists knows in their hearts which form of this word they mean when they utter it, and so do those on the receiving end.

Now, one could argue this coach should not be involved personally, or the school should not want to be associated with this or have this aired in public, but I would bet if asked, and if he spoke candidly, he would attest that he sees no harm in this chant.

If this country is dead set on eliminating the use of this term across the board, then we better get a **** load of those memory erasing flashers from the Men in Black movies because the PC word police are losing this case big time.

I can almost guarantee that this "outrage" isn't coming from the school itself. They don't care about what goes on in the locker room, they want wins.

Hell, Holy Cross hired Andy Canizarro. He's a super shining example of being a good Christian... :rofl: except for the part about cheating on his wife with female athletes at MS State. No biggie.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I wrestled for a similiar private school and am not shocked at all. Every single school has similar, vulgar chants to get everyone fired up before a game/match.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    If it can be said as a chant in a locker room then it should be able to be echoed by the cheerleaders on the sidelines too. There is your litmus test, does it pass...….errr, no.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    That wouldn't bother me either!

It wouldn't bother me either but let's run this Hypothetical scenario. Let's say Country Day or Neuman High School's cheerleaders lead this chant at a pep rally and somebody filmed it and uploaded it on Social Media or gave it to the news outlets. There would be an absolute outcry by certain groups......the double standard is what is dividing this country.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It wouldn't bother me either but let's run this Hypothetical scenario. Let's say Country Day or Neuman High School's cheerleaders lead this chant at a pep rally and somebody filmed it and uploaded it on Social Media or gave it to the news outlets. There would be an absolute outcry by certain groups......the double standard is what is dividing this country.

Some group is up in arms about this actual instance?!?

Until these "certain" groups as you cited, are repudiated, ignored, or disavowed as legitimate, you will ALWAYS have a double standard. All this goes back to those people in this country that believe government and social engineering can solve everything. This philosophy is being perpetuated by democrats in power to patronize lemmings without.

I will bet my last nickle, if half of the people who identify as independents, moderates, or conservatives, discontinued watching mainstream network news, stopped subscribing to ideologically bent newspapers, stopped giving their entertainment dollars to Hollywood, stopped sending their kids to these indoctrination camps called college, and demanded a complete and total reform of the k-12 education system; this double standard would go the way of the $2 bill.

This current system isn't teaching people to think for themselves. They are being told (specifically, subliminally, or symbolically), what to think, what to care about, and what to be outraged about.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

I went to a majority black high school and this delinquent white boy, who ran with a group of black guys thought he was one of the crew until one morning he walked up and said ‘what up my ni@@er’ while they were congregated in the parking lot. He went to the hospital because they beat his ‘pasty white ass’.

I agree the word almost has no meaning at all anymore, and the fake outrage for it is stupid. But until everyone can use it and it be ok, no one should. When it cost people their jobs, livelihood, privacy, safety because they don’t have the right skin tone to use it, no one should get away with saying it.

Dave Chapel did a bit where he was told to stop saying f@g or f@ggot, and he asked why it’s ok for him to say ni@@er but not f@ggot. One of the most insightful bit I’ve ever heard about using pejoratives like that I’ve ever heard.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Dave Chapel did a bit where he was told to stop saying f@g or f@ggot, and he asked why it’s ok for him to say ni@@er but not f@ggot. One of the most insightful bit I’ve ever heard about using pejoratives like that I’ve ever heard.

To add a spoiler, the person said he couldn't say f***** because he wasn't a f*****. Chapel's reply was "Well, I'm not a n***** either."

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Y'all should go check out Stephen Crowder's change my mind video on hate speech...it's pretty good.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Sacrificial lamb, slaughtered at the alter of phony outrage!

I am actually surprised they did this?!? Wonder if it was the cultural side or the religious side of St. Augustine?

Then again, if you go 1-5 in Catholic league play in New Orleans, you are probably on your way out of the door anyway.

I smell a conspiracy. A booster parent who didn’t like loosing probably shot the video. :dogkeke:

hoggin357

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Iowa,La.
    It has nothing to do with the chant or the words.There were 32 black guys in the group ,but
    4 of them were white.That was the problem,they didn't care if the blacks said Ni@@a.They
    didn't want the 4 white guys saying it,right?

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    But wait, can't black people say anything they want.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom