Join BayouShooter For Free

View Poll Results: What do you choose for home defense?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pistol

    38 70.37%
  • Rifle

    12 22.22%
  • Shotgun

    12 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 817181928 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 316
  1. #171
    Marksman

    Gold Member

    User Info Menu

    .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	i-have-a-muzzle-velocity-of-1250-feet-per-second-27548178.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	179.9 KB 
ID:	89303  
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

    Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

  2. #172
    ESSAYONS

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jhal23 View Post
    Given the lack of defensive ammunition choices for 20 gauge, would that alter your choice?
    Not really. If one choice works, there's technically enough choices. A 12 gauge would certainly be more effecting than a 20 gauge. The options for a 12 gauge "shotgun" are a standard shotgun, an SBS, a firearm with a brace, and a firearm with a raptor grip. As you move down the list, the overall length decreases, making it more ideal to a point, in my opinion, for home defense. My opinion stems from personal experience with building and home clearing using weapons of varying length from an M16A4 to handguns. I would say the cutoff, at least for me, is the firearm with a brace. If I'm considering a firearm without a brace, I'm looking at the 20 gauge. Having shot both, I find the 20 gauge without a stock/brace more controllable than the 12 gauge stock/brace.

  3. #173
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    Sorry. I had to step away for a bit. It seems they don't like to pay me unless I work.
    I feel you sometimes obligations keep us tied up.

    Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    Just so I'm not jumping to conclusions, what spectrum are you on?
    Well it was a discussion about what generation I’m from and I’m a millennial by a year or so. So the spectrum would be the age group that is defined as a millennial. I’m no rain man if that’s what you’re wondering.

    Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    I believe I was the one that pointed out the absurdity of the phrase.
    Yeah and that was kind of the point to say something absurd and see if someone took me serious. I was impressed at my success.

    Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    FORUM RULES
    Rule 1: No rudeness or personal attacks
    While we appreciate passionate and informed discussion we will not allow rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, purposeless inflammatory posts, or trolling. If you do not like a thread or do not have anything positive to say, do not post anything at all.
    So apparently I can’t make absurd statements to see who will bite. Folks I apologize. I assumed that because I wasn’t being insulting or inflammatory that having a little fun wasn’t a problem. I should have read the rules more thoroughly instead of skimming them.

  4. #174
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post
    Yes but I’d want my first shot to be as damaging as possible from the biggest gun possible. 12 gauge OO Buckshot is a devastating round. It causes a large wound channel which causes lots of trauma and blood loss compared to a 9mm round. Depending on ammo choice in a 5.56 you run the risk of over penetration and therefore less damage. If given the choice from my experience in shooting someone up close with one shot center mass I’d take the OO Buckshot but that’s just me


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jhal23 View Post
    I don’t disagree.
    I seem to recall 10-14 pages ago similar assertions made by some random miscreant.

  5. #175
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchillin83 View Post
    Kinda the same, never shot anybody... but everytime I shoot a deer I typically donít hear it... now sighting it in its loud as crap and need ear plugs lol.. even with a single shot for verification prior to the season
    I must be doing it wrong. Itís less of a loud sound but a deafening sound. My ears ring and my hearing is temporarily muted (sometimes for 12 or more hours).

  6. #176
    ESSAYONS

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    I feel you sometimes obligations keep us tied up.
    I'm not sure if I agree or disagee with this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    Well it was a discussion about what generation I’m from and I’m a millennial by a year or so. So the spectrum would be the age group that is defined as a millennial. I’m no rain man if that’s what you’re wondering.
    I didn't think you were Rain Man. He got things right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    Yeah and that was kind of the point to say something absurd and see if someone took me serious. I was impressed at my success.
    So you realized it was absurd before you posted as opposed to after it wasn't well received?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    So apparently I can’t make absurd statements to see who will bite. Folks I apologize. I assumed that because I wasn’t being insulting or inflammatory that having a little fun wasn’t a problem. I should have read the rules more thoroughly instead of skimming them.
    Yeah...because I usually give warnings.

  7. #177
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    I'm not sure if I agree or disagee with this.
    Ok...

    Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    I didn't think you were Rain Man. He got things right.
    Remember the rule you quoted me now.

    Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    So you realized it was absurd before you posted as opposed to after it wasn't well received?
    Yeah that’s kind of what trolling is. You say sometimes absurd or incendiary in order to get a rise out of people. It’s quite amusing.

    Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    Yeah...because I usually give warnings.
    I don’t understand. I didn’t ask a question. I admitted my guilt and apologized. But come to think of it if trolling as a big no no, why did it take a week and me pointing it out multiple times to be corrected? Did you not realize I was trolling last week?


    Here is the urban dictionary on trolling. It makes me out to be a bad guy. Yes trolling can be mean and hurtful, but it doesn’t have to be. I fell for jhal’s bait, friggin swallow the hook, coodos to him.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.urb...lling&amp=true
    Last edited by Bangswitch; October 9th, 2019 at 10:22 PM.

  8. #178
    ESSAYONS

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    Ok...



    Remember the rule you quoted me now.



    Yeah that’s kind of what trolling is. You say sometimes absurd or incendiary in order to get a rise out of people. It’s quite amusing.


    I don’t understand. I didn’t ask a question. I admitted my guilt and apologized. But come to think of it if trolling as a big no no, why did it take a week and me pointing it out multiple times to be corrected? Did you not realize I was trolling last week?
    I remember the rule. I wasn't trolling. I wasn't insulting. I was commenting on the fact you got a lot of things wrong. And no, I don't believe you were trolling the entire time. I believe it's a way of covering up a lack of accuracy after the fact. Have you ever heard of Poe's Law?
    Last edited by thperez1972; October 9th, 2019 at 10:21 PM.

  9. #179
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    I remember the rule. I wasn't trolling. I wasn't insulting. I was commenting on the fact you got a lot of things wrong. And no, I don't believe you were trolling the entire time. I believe it's a way of covering up a lack of accuracy after the fact. Have you ever heard of Poe's Law?
    Yep that’s the quote that sparked the controversy. Gator made an absurd comment about making someone dance with his six shoot or something, most of us got the joke, but jhal23 seemed to think he was serious and posted that very response to me. After I finished laughing like a school girl I pondered what would be some shiny enticing bait, and ‘weaponized light’ was born.

    I’m not sure what I got wrong if you don’t point it out I may never learn.
    Last edited by Bangswitch; October 9th, 2019 at 10:32 PM.

  10. #180
    ESSAYONS

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    Yep that’s the quote that sparked the controversy. Gator made an absurd comment about making someone dance with his six shoot or something, most of us got the joke, but jhal23 seemed to think he was serious and posted that very response to me. After I finished laughing like a school girl I pondered what would be some shiny enticing bait, and ‘weaponized light’ was born.
    So you read his reply and decided to start doing a little trolling.?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    I’m not sure what I got wrong if you don’t point it out I may never learn.
    You're not sure what you got wrong when it is pointed out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •