What is your go-to home defense weapon?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What do you choose for home defense?

• Total voters

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Having been hit by both paintballs and simunition I'll take a .68 caliber 285-310 fps paintball hit over simunition anytime. :D

I have a scar on my right hand from a Sim round being fired point blank while ground fighting over control of a firearm. I'd take the paintball everyday too, but I learned a more valuable lesson from the ouch.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Pain is one heck of teacher. Hope the other party learned a lesson too.

The bees don't play nice.

4.jpg~320x480

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Have you ever worn a plate carrier?
    That's not relevant to my question. I would caution you this is the internet not everyone is from it or here to help. You said my response made you believe I have never "don"ed a carrier.
    dontworry-imfromtheinternet.jpg

What I find sad is that my satire about you being so insistent that everyone should have a suppressed sbr and burn thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours in training but won't wear a vest flew so high over your head. The fact that you lock your supposed go to gun in the safe is embarrassing. Guess what I can ready several ARs probably faster than you can your one suppressed sbr and they are not what I would consider my primary weapon for home defense. What it tells me is you talk a big game but I doubt its much more than that.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    That's not relevant to my question. I would caution you this is the internet not everyone is from it or here to help. You said my response made you believe I have never "don"ed a carrier.

The reason I asked was because your comment led me to believe you are unfamiliar with the time it takes to put on a plate carrier.

What I find sad is that my satire about you being so insistent that everyone should have a suppressed sbr and burn thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours in training but won't wear a vest flew so high over your head. The fact that you lock your supposed go to gun in the safe is embarrassing. Guess what I can ready several ARs probably faster than you can your one suppressed sbr and they are not what I would consider my primary weapon for home defense. What it tells me is you talk a big game but I doubt its much more than that.

It truly does sound like you took this thread as a personal attack.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    The reason I asked was because your comment led me to believe you are unfamiliar with the time it takes to put on a plate carrier.
    But opening your safe and loading and chambering your AR doesn't? I hope you are practicing that crap under duress. And I pray you don't have one of the cheap keypads that are failure prone

It truly does sound like you took this thread as a personal attack.

Not at all I'm proud you finally started a thread of your own. Seems I suggested this yesterday. Not sure why you would worry I feel attacked.

I do have this conclusive tendency to want whip a bullies ass when I catch them picking on random people. You seem to be the internet version of that, and I my relentless thrashing of your poorly constructed arguments fill my day with amusement.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    But opening your safe and loading and chambering your AR doesn't? I hope you are practicing that crap under duress. And I pray you don't have one of the cheap keypads that are failure prone

As I've stated previously, you are also only asking about one firearm.

Not at all I'm proud you finally started a thread of your own. Seems I suggested this yesterday. Not sure why you would worry I feel attacked.

I do have this conclusive tendency to want whip a bullies ass when I catch them picking on random people. You seem to be the internet version of that, and I my relentless thrashing of your poorly constructed arguments fill my day with amusement.

Threats won't get you far in life.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    As I've stated previously, you are also only asking about one firearm.

Threats won't get you far in life.

So your primary home defense gun is a pistol? Me too bro. Twinsies

It wasn't a threat it was me attempting to explain my compulsive urge to destroy you in the arena of ideas. Really bro reading is important.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Potentially, depending on the situation.

Which doesn't seem to be working.

I beg to differ my good sir I've drug you all over the mat. I crushed you shotgun bashing. I've forced you to admit you like me use the least powerful weapons in your arsenal as your primary. I've exposed a glaring contradiction because you have no use for a vest unless of course you are the Man of Steel.

Here's the deal we all make compromises in our safety for comfort and simplicity. When you are willing to admit to that we can begin a serious conversation.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I beg to differ my good sir I've drug you all over the mat.

I don't think you've even found the dojo yet.

I crushed you shotgun bashing.

I don't recall wear you crushed anything. I do like shotguns and believe they have a purpose.

I've forced you to admit you like me use the least powerful weapons in your arsenal.

Well... no.

I've exposed a glaring contradiction because you have no use for a vest unless of course you are the Man of Steel.

What use is a "vest?"

Here's the deal we all make compromises in our safety for comfort and simplicity. When you are willing to admit to that we can begin a serious conversation.

Since we're rather deep in this thread, I'll quote the original post.

What is your go-to home defense weapon and what made you choose it?

I recently reviewed another thread that was on the same topic and took the sum of each answer.

There were 37 Handguns, 11 Shotguns, and 9 Rifles.

Most of the handguns were the pistols that the individual carried concealed. The shotguns were a mix of pumps and double barrels. The rifles were typically suppressed short barreled rifles. Although the shotguns outnumbered the rifles by 2, the rifles were more modern.

In the original post, I asked a question, followed by stating an observation made about a previous thread. I don't recall mentioning that there were or were not compromises in any post.

When the word hubris was mentioned, I didn't realize it was directed at you.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I don't think you've even found the dojo yet.

I don't recall wear you crushed anything. I do like shotguns and believe they have a purpose.

Well... no.

What use is a "vest?"

Since we're rather deep in this thread, I'll quote the original post.

In the original post, I asked a question, followed by stating an observation made about a previous thread. I don't recall mentioning that there were or were not compromises in any post.

When the word hubris was mentioned, I didn't realize it was directed at you.

Its ok brother you're still a winner in my eyes.

You gave it your best shot.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    i choose not to partake in creating fantasies about home defense scenarios.

Beware of coke cans.

WAIT JUST ONE COTTON PICKING MOMENT

I thought you said you trained?????

Do you understand that training involves manufacturing possible scenarios, then coming up with a way to come out on top?

If you train for home defense, as you claim to do, then you absolutely create fantasies about home defense.

Which is it?

How can you train without creating a fantasy home invasion?

Just asking for a friend.

Top Bottom