Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

View Poll Results: What do you choose for home defense?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pistol

38 70.37%
  • Rifle

12 22.22%
  • Shotgun

12 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12312 ... LastLast
    All or nothing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jhal23 View Post
    What is stopping power?
    look it up
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct it———
    Bangswitch

Marksman

User Info Menu

Only diff is I like a 10.5” sbr or pistol with my omega 30... still shorter than a 16” with a flash hider and for me hearing safe in a house... typically keep 62gr federal fusion soft points loaded for in the house with a spare mag of green tips if I need it... my theory is with the soft points and the lower velocity from the 10.5” I can cut down on over penetration and multiple wall penetration... maybe not but it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside lol...

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    look it up
    All I found was a million posts about how it's a myth.

The folks at Federal seem to agree.

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigchillin83 View Post
    Only diff is I like a 10.5” sbr or pistol with my omega 30... still shorter than a 16” with a flash hider and for me hearing safe in a house... typically keep 62gr federal fusion soft points loaded for in the house with a spare mag of green tips if I need it... my theory is with the soft points and the lower velocity from the 10.5” I can cut down on over penetration and multiple wall penetration... maybe not but it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside lol...
    https://www.cabelas.com/product/WINC...MO/2327577.uts

- - - Updated - - -

All I found was a million posts about how it's a myth.

The folks at Federal seem to agree.

Exactly the reason I’m not going there with you.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct it———
    Bangswitch

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Exactly the reason I’m not going there with you.
    No problem. I just want anyone else reading this thread to understand what they are reading.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

That ammunition is great for training.

On Target

User Info Menu

Canik TP9SFX. Great gun that holds 18. Me and the wife both shoot it very well.

All or nothing

User Info Menu

No problem. I just want anyone else reading this thread to understand what they are reading.
    Not sure you’ll understand this, but I feel certain you’ll argue.

So, if you think that the difference in energy doesn’t matter, go do some research and watch some videos of shootouts, see if by chance there are any cases where a perp is able to shoot back after a shotgun blast center mass at 5-30 feet as opposed to a 9mm-45acp or even 5.56. I’ve even seen a few of them run after point blank hits with a AR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bangswitch

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Not sure you’ll understand this, but I feel certain you’ll argue.

So, if you think that the difference in energy doesn’t matter, go do some research and watch some videos of shootouts, see if by chance there are any cases where a perp is able to shoot back after a shotgun blast center mass at 5-30 feet as opposed to a 9mm-45acp or even 5.56. I’ve even seen a few of them run after point blank hits with a AR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You must have been in a lot of shootings or did you mean you watch a lot of videos on YouTube?

I'm well aware of the ballistic properties of proven 12ga defensive ammunition as well as various rifle calibers. Rifle caliber trauma is interesting to see. Especially when such trauma was caused at close range.

All or nothing

User Info Menu

You must have been in a lot of shootings or did you mean you watch a lot of videos on YouTube?

I'm well aware of the ballistic properties of proven 12ga defensive ammunition as well as various rifle calibers. Rifle caliber trauma is interesting to see. Especially when such trauma was caused at close range.
    You’re great comic relief man, seriously.
    I meant to add earlier, I’m pretty sure everyone here is grown enough and intelligent enough to understand what they’re reading, but if anyone don’t fit that description, thank the good Lord they’ve got you to explain it to them.

Bangswitch