Join BayouShooter For Free

Thread: S&W M&P

oldbie

Premium Member

User Info Menu

S&W M&P

I am toying with getting a M&P full sized pistol so I went to S&W.com. Lots of shields and compact M&P's, but no full sized on the page at all. Is something new coming out to take it's place????
    "Be water, my friend..."

Marksman

User Info Menu

S&W went to the M&P 2.0 recently. I checked their website and see tons of the M&P 2.0 full size on there. When you go to buy check Grab-A-Gun I got my M&P 9mm FS with threaded barrel on there for a very good price.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Like you, I just went to the S&W site and had a hard time finding information about the basic full-size M&P pistols. Here's the one I did find:

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...hreaded-barrel

Of course, you may not want the threaded barrel and high profile sights.

The M&P is a superb gun; I shot a bone stock M&P 1.0 in competition for some years before moving over to Glock, and I'd pick up and shoot another M&P in a heartbeat.

Mike
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

With the release of the 2.0 pistols, there is no reason to buy a 1.0 pistol unless it's used.

M&P's are in the handful of striker guns that work. If they suit your preference, you will enjoy shooting one.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I still see plenty of full-size M&Ps on their website. Like, more than 50... Are y'all sure you're internetting right?
    Stephen WhoDat
    God Bless Our Troops!

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWhoDat View Post
    I still see plenty of full-size M&Ps on their website. Like, more than 50... Are y'all sure you're internetting right?
    I internet weakly on Wednesdays.

I have only shot an M&P 2.0 a few times, but my experience is that they cleaned up the 1.0 trigger really nicely.

My 1.0 was a super gun and was as reliable as the day was long, but it wasn't until I put the Apex sear in that it really rocked. It's the only time in my life that I've ever felt that trigger work would actually make a difference with my shooting.

Mike
    Last edited by RaleighReloader; October 9th, 2019 at 12:23 PM.
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Marksman

User Info Menu

yeah Grabagun.com has full size M&P 2.0 in FDE for $409

oldbie

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RaleighReloader View Post
    Like you, I just went to the S&W site and had a hard time finding information about the basic full-size M&P pistols. Here's the one I did find:

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...hreaded-barrel

Of course, you may not want the threaded barrel and high profile sights.

The M&P is a superb gun; I shot a bone stock M&P 1.0 in competition for some years before moving over to Glock, and I'd pick up and shoot another M&P in a heartbeat.

Mike
    Threaded I wouldn't mind. I don't want high profile sights though.

I saw them for sale. What i didn't see is the advertisement and descriptions of them. They seem to be really pushing the compacts and subcompacts. Look for a 5" 9mm on their page. In other words something that has more than a 10 round capacity?
    Last edited by LACamper; October 13th, 2019 at 09:51 PM.
    "Be water, my friend..."

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom

User Info Menu

I've got the 4.25" M&P 2.0 9mm

I'm not really a plastic pistol kind of guy, but I really like this one.

I would caution you against a M&P (first version). The triggers were horrible.

Stick with the 2.0s.

Plenty of them available on our website.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin