S&W M&P

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I am toying with getting a M&P full sized pistol so I went to S&W.com. Lots of shields and compact M&P's, but no full sized on the page at all. Is something new coming out to take it's place????

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    S&W went to the M&P 2.0 recently. I checked their website and see tons of the M&P 2.0 full size on there. When you go to buy check Grab-A-Gun I got my M&P 9mm FS with threaded barrel on there for a very good price.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Like you, I just went to the S&W site and had a hard time finding information about the basic full-size M&P pistols. Here's the one I did find:

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-9-m20-threaded-barrel

Of course, you may not want the threaded barrel and high profile sights.

The M&P is a superb gun; I shot a bone stock M&P 1.0 in competition for some years before moving over to Glock, and I'd pick up and shoot another M&P in a heartbeat.

Mike

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    With the release of the 2.0 pistols, there is no reason to buy a 1.0 pistol unless it's used.

M&P's are in the handful of striker guns that work. If they suit your preference, you will enjoy shooting one.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I still see plenty of full-size M&Ps on their website. Like, more than 50... Are y'all sure you're internetting right?

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I still see plenty of full-size M&Ps on their website. Like, more than 50... Are y'all sure you're internetting right?

I internet weakly on Wednesdays.

I have only shot an M&P 2.0 a few times, but my experience is that they cleaned up the 1.0 trigger really nicely.

My 1.0 was a super gun and was as reliable as the day was long, but it wasn't until I put the Apex sear in that it really rocked. It's the only time in my life that I've ever felt that trigger work would actually make a difference with my shooting.

Mike

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Like you, I just went to the S&W site and had a hard time finding information about the basic full-size M&P pistols. Here's the one I did find:

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-9-m20-threaded-barrel

Of course, you may not want the threaded barrel and high profile sights.

The M&P is a superb gun; I shot a bone stock M&P 1.0 in competition for some years before moving over to Glock, and I'd pick up and shoot another M&P in a heartbeat.

Mike

Threaded I wouldn't mind. I don't want high profile sights though.

I saw them for sale. What i didn't see is the advertisement and descriptions of them. They seem to be really pushing the compacts and subcompacts. Look for a 5" 9mm on their page. In other words something that has more than a 10 round capacity?

Last edited:

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I've got the 4.25" M&P 2.0 9mm

I'm not really a plastic pistol kind of guy, but I really like this one.

I would caution you against a M&P (first version). The triggers were horrible.

Stick with the 2.0s.

Plenty of them available on our website.

Top Bottom