Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot Sight

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    For light use it's a good value optic. You can often find them around $70-75 online.

The positives would be that it's cheap and gives you a usable dot for plinking.
    The negatives would be that the adjustments are not very precise, it's not very rugged, and the overall quality is on the low end.

For a few more dollars you can look into options from Holosun, which have proven to be more rugged and fair quality.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    For light use it's a good value optic. You can often find them around $70-75 online.

The positives would be that it's cheap and gives you a usable dot for plinking.
    The negatives would be that the adjustments are not very precise, it's not very rugged, and the overall quality is on the low end.

For a few more dollars you can look into options from Holosun, which have proven to be more rugged and fair quality.

This is good advice I have one. It’s never really got much use, for a couple of reasons Dave mentioned.

The Red dot intensity adjustments seemed to be pretty big jumps.

Additionally the lack of motion sensing requires you to cut it on and off for each use. I didn’t want that extra required motion in a defensive tool.

Using for hunting wild game or range fun it’s good though. And if memory serves me it can handle substantial recoil. If you turkey hunt I could see this as an awesome addition to your turkey thumper.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    FWIW, there have been reported issues of the dot losing zero and the emitter becoming skewed causing the dot to appear line shaped or a strange shape.

You get what you pay for. It's on the lower end, but will probably serve you well if it doesn't see much abuse.

Mxav

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    New Orleans
    Ive had about 5 of them in my lifetime. I didn't do any intense shooting with it, probably less than 200 rounds per optic. Held zero for me & never gave me any issues. If you search around, they can be had for $30-$50 all day.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/rangerexpert.com/best-red-dot-sight-reviews/?amp
    I’ve read quite a few articles on red dot comparisons and the Bushnell is mentioned favorably in pretty much all of them. For a reason. I’m still looking for an article I read a few years ago where somebody assembled a handful of real world shooters from military, to police, etc. and had them shoot and test a number of red dot sights from Aimpoint on down the price range. So many of the testers gave positive reviews on the TRS. Some even noting their surprise.
    I like them for many reasons. They absolutely hold up well and hold zero.
    They’re small and I shoot with both eyes open. I only see the actual dot superimposed on my target. No matter where my eyes are in relation to the optic, if the dot is on the target when I pull the trigger, I hit the mark. Target acquisition is quick. Follow up shots are quick. I find the dot itself to be small which lends to more precise shooting. The first TRS I ever bought several years ago (12+) has been on a couple rifles and a shotgun but now resides on my Extar EXP 556, a cheaper AR pistol that has been a catch all carry and gets handled and knocked around quite a bit. I’ve never had an issue with it.

DWT

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    I've used one on my Browning Buckmark for a few years. Adequate but not outstanding optic for low cost. YouTube is loaded w. reviews.

shotgunjim

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 20, 2016
    Baton Rouge
    I have owned 3 over the years and getting ready to mount one on 223 pump for my 10 year old grandson to hunt deer with. No problems and for price they are hard to beat. jt

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom