How dare he use a gun to defend himself against a man with a gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm not sure which is worse, this girl's opinion or the fact I'm not shock people have that opinion.

So here's the short version. Man goes into store, points a gun at the employee, and demands money. The employee has a gun and shoots the man, killing him. The man's sister is mad the employee used a gun to defend himself because the employee shouldn't have had a gun at work. Yeah, the employee was being robbed but the employee should have called the police instead of taking matters in his own hand.

I searched for a non-facebook version of the video but I couldn't find one.
    [video]https://www.facebook.com/robert.villa.7140/videos/2637966329559024/[/video]

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Hahahahaha!!!!
    ‘Yeah, he was robbin them and all but..’

More than the ratchet, the news station is wrong for giving her complaint any merit in the first place. I sincerely hope the scenario is repeated over and over so anyone else who thinks it’s ok to threaten lives and rob people at gunpoint will get the message.

How does it go? Play stupid games...

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Wow. The entitlement mentality goes one step further. Jeez, some people's children.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hahahahaha!!!!
    ‘Yeah, he was robbin them and all but..’

More than the ratchet, the news station is wrong for giving her complaint any merit in the first place. I sincerely hope the scenario is repeated over and over so anyone else who thinks it’s ok to threaten lives and rob people at gunpoint will get the message.

How does it go? Play stupid games...

I may have to disagree a little on that. If you want to help someone change for the better, it help to know where they're starting from so you know how to guide them. It's much harder to bring about any change if your only method is repeating where someone should end up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    The store will probably be sued and forced to implement a policy that prohibits their employees from carrying any and all means of defensive weapons. Gust a guess. Probably will ban open carry in the store too.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The store will probably be sued and forced to implement a policy that prohibits their employees from carrying any and all means of defensive weapons. Gust a guess. Probably will ban open carry in the store too.

Banning OC will cut down on the armed robberies.

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    This type of thinking is so upsetting to me. The robber is completely to blame for his own death. How dare his family say anything but that they regret the brother was a robber. To try to shift blame to the store clerk is so outrageous. I would imagine that the clerk is feeling sad that he had to shoot someone. He deserves our sympathy and praise too.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I may have to disagree a little on that. If you want to help someone change for the better, it help to know where they're starting from so you know how to guide them. It's much harder to bring about any change if your only method is repeating where someone should end up.

Kinda lost me there but it’s past my bedtime. I don’t think you should be expecting any real change for the better in a case like this. Something about a moral compass. Some people just don’t have one, that’s where they’re starting from. Where they end up is their own doing. And they’re gone man. Ain’t no fixing that by being sympathetic.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Did She Say? Who brings a gun to work for safety? He Gots Some Responsibilities, Buts Not All............

Coyote5.0

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2016
    Prairieville
    There was a shooting several years back in Mobile if memory serves me. A customer with a CCP shot an armed robber robbing a store. The dude was out on bail for a previous armed robbery six months before. And the family was mad at the guy who shot the little bastard. Just like these morons.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    There was a shooting several years back in Mobile if memory serves me. A customer with a CCP shot an armed robber robbing a store. The dude was out on bail for a previous armed robbery six months before. And the family was mad at the guy who shot the little bastard. Just like these morons.

I don't know if it was that incident but I've seen footage like that. Man with a gun goes in to rob a store and a bystander who is legally carrying shoots robber. Family is mad because the bystander didn't mind his own business.

Last edited:

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    The family is just lining things up for a lawsuit / settlement . They don't actually believe any of their own nonsense , it's just about the money .

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    How dare the jerk try to make an honest living and take exception to someone pointing a gun at him. There is not place in our society for jerks who would rather kill someone than be killed themselves. Said on reasonable person ever.

Top Bottom