Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    Madame Mayor's Fiefdom

User Info Menu

How often do you practice with your fire extinguisher?

There is a house fire approximately every 88 seconds in the U.S.

Structure fires, in general, are much more frequent.

You are much more likely to suffer a house fire, than a home invasion.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin

tacklebox

User Info Menu

Good on you bringing this up. We all need to be able to protect our loved ones at home.

A good friend of mine recently had a house fire. He and his family made it out ok, but it was luck or Devine intervention. His smoke detectors were in good working order, yet the two closest to the origin of the fire melted before they went off. My friend woke up to choking on thick smoke, and got the family out. The whole family had fell asleep downstairs in the living room, making a speedy exit possible.

Fire extinguisher wouldn’t have helped at all in this situation as the fire was in the walls and got out of control before anyone knew.

Having a plan in place and running random drills like in school will help your family’s chances of surviving a house fire.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself.
    ... the very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good"

-George Washington

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Shoot man, I have been to a dozen schools in firefighting.
    Added bonus2 platform fires where we were instructed to evacuate, But I didn't both times,Stayed behind to fight the fire.
    One thing about a platform fire,Everyone responds,Shrimp boats and all +3 helicopters, Fun times in the gulf!
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Shoot man, I have been to a dozen schools in firefighting.
    Added bonus2 platform fires where we were instructed to evacuate, But I didn't both times,Stayed behind to fight the fire.
    One thing about a platform fire,Everyone responds,Shrimp boats and all +3 helicopters, Fun times in the gulf!
    Fight fire or jump into shark infested waters. Iím taking my chances with the fire lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post
    Fight fire or jump into shark infested waters. I’m taking my chances with the fire lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Maybe your right....Its those crazy trigger fish that are territorial lil suckers,Guess that's why I never took up diving?
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Maybe your right....Its those crazy trigger fish that are territorial lil suckers,Guess that's why I never took up diving?
    Had a trigger fish latch on to my dive buddy's hand between the thumb and forefinger and wouldn't let go. He had to climb into the boat with it on his hand and I had to pry it off. Mean little SOB's, they will attack especially if they are guarding eggs.
    Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool
    Everyone is brave until the roach flies

Marksman

User Info Menu

Not sure about fire fighting skills but from the sound of it around here many need to practice up on their boating skills.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

I despise ARFCOM

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Many people don't even have a home fire extinguisher . Years ago , my neighbor jerked my back door open and screamed " FIRE " and turned around and ran back home . I grabbed my extinguisher and ran next door and put out a huge grease fire on her stove . They didn't have an extinguisher in their home .
    I tried being normal once , I didn't like it .

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBMJR1 View Post
    There is a house fire approximately every 88 seconds in the U.S.

Structure fires, in general, are much more frequent.

You are much more likely to suffer a house fire, than a home invasion.
    Well done sir.