Baton Rouge Traffic

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    :(

I was planning on leaving Algiers at 0400hrs. I'm still going to hit traffic?:shocked:

Can I convince everyone in B.R. to leave a bit later tomorrow. I'd really like the road all to myself.

Y'all can feel free to de-rail this thread any way you see fit.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You should be alright as long as you stay off of I-10, I-12, and the surface streets. You may want to avoid I-110 as well. Other than those few issues, you should be GTG.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I'm still going to hit traffic?:shocked:

Yes, unless you get past downtown BR by 4:45.

I've done the BR to New Orleans/New Orleans to BR drive more than I'd like to admit.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    You should be alright as long as you stay off of I-10, I-12, and the surface streets. You may want to avoid I-110 as well. Other than those few issues, you should be GTG.

Do pretty much anywhere your tires touch pavement. :mamoru:

You know when I was a kid I distinctly remember being promised a jet pack by now. But something tells me it would just move the problem to the air.

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    When you pass through NO.. hit 310 to boutte then take 90 to lafayette and get back on 10W.

It's insane.. even during off peak hours, the simplest breakdown anywhere in BR starts a domino effect. A breakdown on I10 bridge over Ms River bridge is curtains. Lol.. even worse and wreck on the Atchafalaya bridge between BR and Henderson.

Anytime I leave new orleans to head to lafayette , I take 90. The mileage is similar.. the time is similar as well

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.

So you're suggesting that I fly, or swim?

Yes, unless you get past downtown BR by 4:45.

I've done the BR to New Orleans/New Orleans to BR drive more than I'd like to admit.

This is insane. I should be going through B.R. at about 0545hrs. I thought only deer and duck hunters were up at that hour in Louisiana. Oh, and people on their way home from the French Quarter.

Do pretty much anywhere your tires touch pavement. :mamoru:

You know when I was a kid I distinctly remember being promised a jet pack by now. But something tells me it would just move the problem to the air.

I thought I was going to be working at Sprocket Industries, and have one of those flying cars with the glass bubble.

When you pass through NO.. hit 310 to boutte then take 90 to lafayette and get back on 10W.

It's insane.. even during off peak hours, the simplest breakdown anywhere in BR starts a domino effect. A breakdown on I10 bridge over Ms River bridge is curtains. Lol.. even worse and wreck on the Atchafalaya bridge between BR and Henderson.

Anytime I leave new orleans to head to lafayette , I take 90. The mileage is similar.. the time is similar as well

That adds more than an hour to my trip, and almost seventy miles.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    This is insane. I should be going through B.R. at about 0545hrs. I thought only deer and duck hunters were up at that hour in Louisiana. Oh, and people on their way home from the French Quarter.

Everyone going to every hospital, engineering firm, breakfast restaurant, grocery store, retail workers, etc...

There is a lot of stuff open at 7 am in Baton Rouge. All those workers need to get there early.

There were many times when the guy in front or behind me was on the same path heading to BR or New Orleans. Lots of people make that commute to the refineries all along that way.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Everyone going to every hospital, engineering firm, breakfast restaurant, grocery store, retail workers, etc...

There is a lot of stuff open at 7 am in Baton Rouge. All those workers need to get there early.

There were many times when the guy in front or behind me was on the same path heading to BR or New Orleans. Lots of people make that commute to the refineries all along that way.

In my own defense.

I am semi-retired. The LGS I work part time at is less than 10 minutes from my house.

Oh well. Once I get past B.R. I'm really going to enjoy this drive.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    In my own defense.

I am semi-retired. The LGS I work part time at is less than 10 minutes from my house.

Oh well. Once I get past B.R. I'm really going to enjoy this drive.

The drive between BR and Lafayette can be just as bad. You will be fine once you're past Lafayette.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    The drive between BR and Lafayette can be just as bad. You will be fine once you're past Lafayette.

If going to Dallas from BR, it's much faster to take 190 to I49, then in Shreveport, take I20 west from there.

I49 is really not a bad drive at all once the speed limit hits 75.

I20 is a little annoying once you get to Kilgore & Tyler as there are Troopers everywhere running radar.

Oilman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    Lafayette, LA
    I concur with doing I-49 to Shreveport then I-20 west to Dallas. Shreveport is smooth sailing on the interstate even during rush hour. I worked there for 6 years off and on and there was rarely a problem. Your other route to Dallas would be I-10 to Houston then I-45 North to Dallas. That would be much worse route because of the traffic through the Houston area. All the freeways in Houston are crazy and there are often bottlenecks and slowdowns.

mforsta

Pops
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Denham Springs
    If you hit BR by 0545hrs, you should be fine. I drive in to Br everyday to LSU from Denham Springs, leaving DS at 6:30 and get off the interstate at Dalrymple at 6:55. Should not be a problem unless there is a wreck somewhere to screw everything up.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I mean you aren't wrong...but then you have to rent a car if you want to have a car when you're there....or know someone with a car there who would be willing to let you use their car.

And?

6788a7c73c53fa6db8e30cffa2473a6e.jpg

Top Bottom