Baton Rouge Traffic

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    And there’s the issue going trough the TSA line
    lc5p3h-b78722149z.120101119154641000g9brp8ap.1.jpg

Lol! To be fair, I've been on over 20 flights so far this year and have never been patted down by TSA. Having PreCheck helps a lot. Surprisingly, I also haven't triggered any of the various random tests they do, lately.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    There's no parking at the airport, I'm told. Not even sure they'd let me on a plane with all the electronics and hardware inside of me.
    Then there's the problem of the two shotguns and carry pistol, with two and a half cases of ammo, plus, . . .

The gift wrapped Browning Micro Midas in the box I'm bringing for a wedding gift.

I've arranged two days shooting at skeets at the Dallas Gun Club, Two days at Alpine, and a Day at the Ft Worth Gun club.
    I need a vehicle while I'm there.

Then whatever I pick up at the Ft Worth Gun Show next Sunday will have to come home with me.

I think I'll skip flying.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I’m not very familiar with the Federal laws that pertain to gifting a firearm over state lines, but I was under the impression that it was illegal unless it was a family member.

Perfectly legal to private transfer a long gun across state lines, so long as you don't violate the laws of either state.
    If it makes you feel any better, it was a family member.

But the 10/22 I bought at the Ft Worth gun show was just a FTF. $100 w/two BX-25 magazines. I couldn't pass it up.

I ended up leaving at 0200. I woke at 0100, and tried to get back to sleep. By 0130, I figured that I might as well just go. Kissed the wife, and got in my truck.
    No traffic all the way. Stopped only at the rest stop across the Tx line to use the privy.

Shot a full day of Sporty Clays. Did well at that.

Shot another day of Skeet. Did not as well at that. I'm not following thru with the shotgun, and shooting behind the clay.

Wedding was nice. I didn't get to stay for the entire reception, as my father was ready to return to my sister's.

The Ft Worth gun show is large, by our standards. A mixed bag. Lot's of re-blued Lugers for $4K.

I bought a bullit mold. .356 124gr TC Two Cavity Lee, for $10, and the 10/22 in a Slidefire AR style chassis for $100.

It was a good trip.

Thanks for the traffic advice.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Perfectly legal to private transfer a long gun across state lines, so long as you don't violate the laws of either state.
    If it makes you feel any better, it was a family member.

But the 10/22 I bought at the Ft Worth gun show was just a FTF. $100 w/two BX-25 magazines. I couldn't pass it up.

I ended up leaving at 0200. I woke at 0100, and tried to get back to sleep. By 0130, I figured that I might as well just go. Kissed the wife, and got in my truck.
    No traffic all the way. Stopped only at the rest stop across the Tx line to use the privy.

Shot a full day of Sporty Clays. Did well at that.

Shot another day of Skeet. Did not as well at that. I'm not following thru with the shotgun, and shooting behind the clay.

Wedding was nice. I didn't get to stay for the entire reception, as my father was ready to return to my sister's.

The Ft Worth gun show is large, by our standards. A mixed bag. Lot's of re-blued Lugers for $4K.

I bought a bullit mold. .356 124gr TC Two Cavity Lee, for $10, and the 10/22 in a Slidefire AR style chassis for $100.

It was a good trip.

Thanks for the traffic advice.

Good to know.

A lot of gun shop employees tend to spread bad information.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom