Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    Madame Mayor's Fiefdom

User Info Menu

Baton Rouge Traffic

Tomorrow morning I leave for Dallas.

I wish to avoid traffic.

What time does Baton Rouge Traffic generally begin?
    "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin

Marksman

User Info Menu

5am till 8pm

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom

User Info Menu

I was planning on leaving Algiers at 0400hrs. I'm still going to hit traffic?

Can I convince everyone in B.R. to leave a bit later tomorrow. I'd really like the road all to myself.

Y'all can feel free to de-rail this thread any way you see fit.
    Benjamin Franklin

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

You should be alright as long as you stay off of I-10, I-12, and the surface streets. You may want to avoid I-110 as well. Other than those few issues, you should be GTG.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBMJR1 View Post
    I'm still going to hit traffic?
    Yes, unless you get past downtown BR by 4:45.

I've done the BR to New Orleans/New Orleans to BR drive more than I'd like to admit.
    Last edited by DAVE_M; October 14th, 2019 at 08:52 AM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    You should be alright as long as you stay off of I-10, I-12, and the surface streets. You may want to avoid I-110 as well. Other than those few issues, you should be GTG.
    Do pretty much anywhere your tires touch pavement.

You know when I was a kid I distinctly remember being promised a jet pack by now. But something tells me it would just move the problem to the air.

Marksman

User Info Menu

When you pass through NO.. hit 310 to boutte then take 90 to lafayette and get back on 10W.

It's insane.. even during off peak hours, the simplest breakdown anywhere in BR starts a domino effect. A breakdown on I10 bridge over Ms River bridge is curtains. Lol.. even worse and wreck on the Atchafalaya bridge between BR and Henderson.

Anytime I leave new orleans to head to lafayette , I take 90. The mileage is similar.. the time is similar as well
    David

Redneck with a gun!

User Info Menu

Take I 55 to I 20.

Marksman

User Info Menu

If you hit BR at 5am, you'll be fine.

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    So you're suggesting that I fly, or swim?

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    Yes, unless you get past downtown BR by 4:45.

I've done the BR to New Orleans/New Orleans to BR drive more than I'd like to admit.
    This is insane. I should be going through B.R. at about 0545hrs. I thought only deer and duck hunters were up at that hour in Louisiana. Oh, and people on their way home from the French Quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    Do pretty much anywhere your tires touch pavement.

You know when I was a kid I distinctly remember being promised a jet pack by now. But something tells me it would just move the problem to the air.
    I thought I was going to be working at Sprocket Industries, and have one of those flying cars with the glass bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by dsonyay View Post
    When you pass through NO.. hit 310 to boutte then take 90 to lafayette and get back on 10W.

It's insane.. even during off peak hours, the simplest breakdown anywhere in BR starts a domino effect. A breakdown on I10 bridge over Ms River bridge is curtains. Lol.. even worse and wreck on the Atchafalaya bridge between BR and Henderson.

Anytime I leave new orleans to head to lafayette , I take 90. The mileage is similar.. the time is similar as well
    That adds more than an hour to my trip, and almost seventy miles.
    Benjamin Franklin