Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBMJR1 View Post
    This is insane. I should be going through B.R. at about 0545hrs. I thought only deer and duck hunters were up at that hour in Louisiana. Oh, and people on their way home from the French Quarter.
    Everyone going to every hospital, engineering firm, breakfast restaurant, grocery store, retail workers, etc...

There is a lot of stuff open at 7 am in Baton Rouge. All those workers need to get there early.

There were many times when the guy in front or behind me was on the same path heading to BR or New Orleans. Lots of people make that commute to the refineries all along that way.

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    Everyone going to every hospital, engineering firm, breakfast restaurant, grocery store, retail workers, etc...

There is a lot of stuff open at 7 am in Baton Rouge. All those workers need to get there early.

There were many times when the guy in front or behind me was on the same path heading to BR or New Orleans. Lots of people make that commute to the refineries all along that way.
    In my own defense.

I am semi-retired. The LGS I work part time at is less than 10 minutes from my house.

Oh well. Once I get past B.R. I'm really going to enjoy this drive.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBMJR1 View Post
    In my own defense.

I am semi-retired. The LGS I work part time at is less than 10 minutes from my house.

Oh well. Once I get past B.R. I'm really going to enjoy this drive.
    The drive between BR and Lafayette can be just as bad. You will be fine once you're past Lafayette.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE_M View Post
    The drive between BR and Lafayette can be just as bad. You will be fine once you're past Lafayette.
    If going to Dallas from BR, it's much faster to take 190 to I49, then in Shreveport, take I20 west from there.

I49 is really not a bad drive at all once the speed limit hits 75.

I20 is a little annoying once you get to Kilgore & Tyler as there are Troopers everywhere running radar.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

On Target

User Info Menu

I concur with doing I-49 to Shreveport then I-20 west to Dallas. Shreveport is smooth sailing on the interstate even during rush hour. I worked there for 6 years off and on and there was rarely a problem. Your other route to Dallas would be I-10 to Houston then I-45 North to Dallas. That would be much worse route because of the traffic through the Houston area. All the freeways in Houston are crazy and there are often bottlenecks and slowdowns.

Pops

User Info Menu

If you hit BR by 0545hrs, you should be fine. I drive in to Br everyday to LSU from Denham Springs, leaving DS at 6:30 and get off the interstate at Dalrymple at 6:55. Should not be a problem unless there is a wreck somewhere to screw everything up.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    If going to Dallas from BR, it's much faster to take 190 to I49, then in Shreveport, take I20 west from there.

I49 is really not a bad drive at all once the speed limit hits 75.

I20 is a little annoying once you get to Kilgore & Tyler as there are Troopers everywhere running radar.
    https://www.expedia.com/Flights-Sear...nfantinlap%3AY

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

I mean you aren't wrong...but then you have to rent a car if you want to have a car when you're there....or know someone with a car there who would be willing to let you use their car.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I mean you aren't wrong...but then you have to rent a car if you want to have a car when you're there....or know someone with a car there who would be willing to let you use their car.
    And?

Marksman

User Info Menu

And there’s the issue going trough the TSA line