3rd Gen S&W

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    While back when I was looking at 3913 for my wife I ran across a few of these. Wondered if they were factory or Magnaported?

Attachments

• Lady1.jpg
      Lady1.jpg
      26.4 KB · Views: 124
    • Lady2.jpg
      Lady2.jpg
      27.9 KB · Views: 124
    • Lady3.jpg
      Lady3.jpg
      23.5 KB · Views: 120

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson doesn't say anything about a factory ported variant, but who knows ... there may have been a run of ported guns for a distributor.

My money is on non-factory, but I wouldn't wager a lot either way.

Neat little guns.

Mike

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Funny thing is the only ones I saw were the Gray Grip "Lady Smith" that came with a Soft Bag.
    Thought about getting my mint 3913 or it's bigger brother 6906 done like that maybe Primary Machine. The story I got on it from the seller was;
    The 3913 was placed in a safe deposit box by the owner who moved overseas in 91-92 and came back when returned/retired. And his shop was selling all his guns on consignment. He had a large lot of wepons of that era in mint cond or new.
    They only made the single stack 2-3 years. Steven here would know he is a 3rd Gen nut like I.
    If I did not do that one my 6906 Marked California Dept. Corrections never issued with Government Use only Restricted Mags as they are more than 10 and mags in a commie state.
    They had a pile of them just like it when I got mine so not rare

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Wow, interesting! Where did you find them? I've only ever seen one ported 3rd Gen in real life, and it wasn't for sale. From what I understand, the S&W Performance Center was licensed by MagnaPort to use their design. I don't believe any were actually produced like this, but many were sent back to the factory to have this process done. I've heard there are many of these out there (3913s and 4506s), but you certainly never see them. The majority of 3rd Gen fanatics hated that they did this to an already absolutely perfect pistol in the M3913. Me, I'm indifferent. As someone who carries a ported pistol every day (Shield 45 PC) I'm fine with it. Either way, cool find. Did y'all grab one?

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I saw 3 all 3913 all the same as pictured.
    One was 100% never shot test fired only and had the Soft Bag Grayish like the pistol that had the S&W embroidery on it.
    Sure looked Factory. It was an auction gun that went fir more than I wanted to give.
    Saw Pictures of a 3rd Gen 45acp same way
    Thinking of one day asking Primary Machine to do my 6906 like the pics show

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom