AR 15 Upper receiver

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • horse727

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2018
    Miami, Florida
    Hi I just built an AR9 and realized after I had bought it and shoot at the range that the bolt would not stay back on an empty magazine.
    Question is what do I need to know when I buy a complete upper assembly next time I buy one. Is it something I should look on the specs?

bush_hog

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jul 8, 2007
    Covington
    I'm not sure it is more the upper or the lower receiver, it should say LRBHO. I used a Spikes Lower and an Aero non- fwd assist upper, with factory Glock mags and it works like a champ.

horse727

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2018
    Miami, Florida
    My AR9 s bolt does not lock back open after the last round. I use only Glock mags The AR is a Moriarti lower and upper. Last time at the range the round were not even loading proper. They told me I need it to buy an upper bolt assembly that had the capability to hold the bolt back, I don't know that this is true

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Quarter Circle 10
    Spike's Tactical
    Foxtrot Mike
    Spartan
    Angstadt Arms
    New Frontier Armory
    Moriarti Armaments

That may not represent most of the 9mm lowers out there but there are plenty of choices out there.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Is that a fact then m that most AR9 don't have last round bolt hold

I don't know. It could be. I didn't count how many manufacturers make AR9's. But LRBHO is not uncommon. And because it's not mil-spec, different companies accomplish it in different ways. Some have the parts in the lower, some in the upper, and some have the upper and lower work together. I have a Spikes that works well in that regard when used with one barrel but not another. I have a Foxtrot Mike that works well with that other barrel but the bolt doesn't hold back when firing. It will when manually cycling the bolt.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I have a few AR 9 setups and hands down the one that has always been completely problem free and the best shooter and suppressor host is also the least expensive.
    I think it was $429 to my FFL, accepts Glock mags and many mil spec AR parts, including trigger, safety, grip, bolt release.. and the bolt stays open after the last round.

https://extarusa.com/

Top Bottom