Bill of Sale

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    For the love of God, can someone here just post a picture or something like that of a single page, simple firearm bill of sale. I don't want a fillable out pdf form, I don't want to have to sign up for anything, I just want to have a blank form that I can use a pencil to fill out.

I have searched for ten minutes on the farking internet and I cannot find the good old form I used to use...

And before some sharpie says that I should use the search function, you try to search bill of sale on this forum, every sale ad will show up...

Thanks!!!

snipehunter7

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2016
    Franklinton, LA
    Here ya go!
    a626752516ba5417d250e4014fc1645c.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don't mind a bill of sale, but I'm not giving Joe Blow my driver's license number or home address.

The bill of sale is proof for the seller that he sold the item to a specific person and proof for the buyer he bought the weapon from a specific person. What information are you willing to provide that would accomplish that goal? Are you willing to allow the other party to see that the name on the bill of sale is the same name as on your license?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    The bill of sale is proof for the seller that he sold the item to a specific person and proof for the buyer he bought the weapon from a specific person. What information are you willing to provide that would accomplish that goal? Are you willing to allow the other party to see that the name on the bill of sale is the same name as on your license?

Yes, I have allowed the seller to view my ID and confirm that I did not provide a false name.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I don't mind a bill of sale, but I'm not giving Joe Blow my driver's license number or home address.

Yes, I have allowed the seller to view my ID and confirm that I did not provide a false name.
    100% agree. If that’s not good enough I’ll buy new. I usually just buy new anyways because it’s not a big difference in price.

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    This is what I use. I require proof of identity and state of residence, but don't record anything but the name, and verbally ask if he is a felon or been arrested for domestic violence. This provides proof of sale for the buyer and seller, and proof that I did not knowingly sell it to a non-resident of my state or prohibited person. If his signature is illegible, I also ask that he print his name below the signature.

FIREARM BILL OF SALE

FIREARM SOLD
    Manufacturer: _____________________ Model: _______________________
    Serial Number: ___________________________ Caliber: _________________
    Seller certifies he is the legal owner of the firearm; the firearm is sold in used as-is condition with no warranty or guarantee; and is not responsible for any use or misuse of the firearm after the sale.
    Seller’s Signature ___________________________________ Date ___________

Buyer has provided proof of identity, is a resident of the same state as the Seller, and certifies he is not prohibited by local, state or federal law to possess a firearm.

Buyer’s Signature ___________________________________ Date __________

Last edited:

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Good stuff, thanks guys.

This was not for me btw, an employee wants to document a gun he is getting from a relative. No idea of the deal or any other info. He just asked me to print him a bill of sale.

I always visually check the FBI wanted list before I do a gun deal. I might meet someone famous and I would hate to miss out on the opportunity.

Top Bottom