Matches within 2 hours of New Orleans

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mhansche

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2019
    New Orleans, LA
    Hi everyone,

I sure miss the old lagator.org page for finding local matches. I haven't been shooting much besides Nick's for a few years, and am looking to expand my horizons. I had a great time at Palo Alto last Sunday, and am looking for any matches this weekend besides the friday night plates(which I plan on shooting). I am having a hard time finding websites for some of these matches, they don't seem to have anything besides facebook, and I am not a fan of facebook. So far, I haven't found the results from the Palo Alto match.

Am I looking in the wrong places? Where can I shoot this weekend? What about next week?

Thanks a bunch.

Mark H.

jdavid1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    Hammond, LA
    Hey Mark. Sign up on practiscore.com. They have a area map for finding local matches near you. It's mostly USPSA, Steel challenge, and 3gun. That is also where you can sign up and see scores for most matches.

SMPSA.com also has their matches listed on their website for the Mississippi area.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Look up Cajun Action Shooters on FB also. We hold the USPSA and Steel Challenge Matches at Palo Alto Range.

Thanks

Bryan

Last edited:

DWT

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Coast Rifle and Pistol Club in Bolixi MS. Check the calendar section of their website. Rifle, pistol, trap, and skeet matches.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Mark,
    the results get listed on Practiscore.com. We also use to sign up and as a management system for the match. You have to know how the match your looking for is listed, as Cajun Action is CAS & Louisiana Speed Shooters is LSS. What you’ll see on FB is. Link to the match for signing up or the scores. Hope this helps.

Bryan

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I know this would require someone to do and may take time, but If I may; this forum (as far as I am concerned), is about the best place I know to get information about local shooting events. Full disclosure: I don't have time to look at other sites.

Anyhoo, I always wondered why there isn't some networking on this site that brings all the information on events aforementioned here in one place? Likewise, I positively do not understand why David Bolt the Director for Shooting Development for Ag & 4-H doesn't have an account here to post the myriad of matches and shooting opportunities he has insight on? I get his newsletter and it is unbelievable how many events he lists all over the state.

Perhaps it would be just as good that I get his email so those of you that are truly interested in those events can be sent directly to you. Both would be better though.

Oh hell, here is is:

David M. Boldt
    4-H Youth & Family Development Department
    169 Knapp Hall
    Baton Rouge, LA 70803-0106
    dboldt@agcenter.lsu.edu
    (225)578-2196 Office
    (225)578-7847 Fax

If you are interested, I would send him an email asking to be put on his newsletter of events.

MTx11B

Combat Vet
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    NOLA
    There is a match Sunday in gonzales I don't know much about it but I plan on jumping in the limited if I can get ammo and new sights for the old pro core

Doc Spudley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Kenner, LA
    The Deadwood Marshals are holding the Louisiana State Championship match for Cowboy Action Shooting this weekend, Oct 26 & 27, at their range near Sorrento, LA. Directions are on their web site . . . deadwoodmarshals.com

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    The Deadwood Marshals are holding the Louisiana State Championship match for Cowboy Action Shooting this weekend, Oct 26 & 27, at their range near Sorrento, LA. Directions are on their web site . . . deadwoodmarshals.com

Doc,

Please keep us posted about any Single Action shooting you know of. Just because the shoot'n scoot shooters dominate this site doesn't mean there are not people interested in other shooting activities too.

Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom