Ballistol

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Troedoff

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Prairieville
    I once had a guy who was selling the stuff bulk come by my shop to do a demo. He literally sprayed the **** on his tongue. I do love it for cleaning and lubricating of firearms. It is a superb product. Don't mind the smell of it that much either unless I breath a whole aerosol shot. Then it makes a sneezing fit. The antiseptic is new information though, maybe two cans are in line for the BOB. It works well on wood, and does not break down over time like other oils in water or wet conditions.

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    I don't recall ever using Ballistol but I cleaned a couple of 3 or 4 handguns yesterday using Trigger Fanatics and IT has an almost medicinal smell to it that reminded me of pine trees. Worked great too! It has a light green color to it.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I don't recall ever using Ballistol but I cleaned a couple of 3 or 4 handguns yesterday using Trigger Fanatics and IT has an almost medicinal smell to it that reminded me of pine trees. Worked great too! It has a light green color to it.

Are you sure it’s not Simple Green? J/k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Alright, with all the talk about Ballistol I ordered a can the other day and it got here pretty quick. I just took a pistol that stays in a particular place and it reall doesn't get that much lovin'(as in regular cleaning). I unloaded it, took it apart and sprayed it down with Ballistol to sit for a few hours. Man y'all weren't kidding about that smell! It smells like few days old taint juice!!!!! Lol...... I hope if I ever have to use it and it's confiscated at all that no one wonders where it was hidden.
    I'll finish cleaning it later today and it should be ready to go back in it's secret spot.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I may know a local place that just got a **** ton of it in stock if any of you guys are looking for some.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rynola
    Top Bottom