Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballistol

Marksman

User Info Menu

Ballistol

This is my first thread post in many years on this site. Hopefully this値l go well.

Ballistol is a product that was developed by the Germans prior to WW2. Do an internet search and read the results because history buffs will find it interesting. Anyway I read they used it like Breakfree CLP with two exceptions. One it値l neutralize corrosive salts in primers and clean black powder residue.

Two it was used as a disinfectant in wounds.

Well as a paramedic with over 25 years on the streets the second intrigued me. So I tried it on myself, paging Dr Jekyll anyone?

Results on my minor wounds? I had a hang nail that was getting an inflammation reaction and going towards a localized infection. I put a little Ballistol on it and by the next day I noted a 100% improvement. I next tried a little on a cut in a high skin tension area that kept opening with movement. The inflammatory response was reduced and it began to heal.

These are my experiences and are therefore anecdotal. I知 not making any recommendations for you. I thought it was very interesting.

I値l respond to civil discourse even if it disagrees with me.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others."
    Paraphrase from George Orwell Animal Farm

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    Douglas Adams

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."
    Ash (Bruce Campbell) Army Of Darkness 1992

The Hitler of fun.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Great to know and thanks for taking one for the team!! Been using it for years as a CLP. Maybe I'll look into other uses now.

Take a Card. Any Card.

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Very interesting.
    展e Sackett boys never killed anything we didn't need to eat unless it was coming at us.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Use it at least once a week. It always gets me when I inhale the stuff. Sorta takes my breath away. Not on purpose of course. Might run some on my sore joints. Might be better than DMSO.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

Threadender

User Info Menu

Very interesting post. I might try this, also.
    Live and learn. Die and forget it all.

Sic semper tyrannis

User Info Menu

Its actually been around since pre WW1. I use it and sell it on a regular basis. It smells like butthole and old christmas trees but it just works so goddamned good! As previously mentioned it kicks you in the throat when you smell or inhale it. Its one of my go to products for firearms.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballistol
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

I like guns because they're f*cking awesome.

On Target

Silver Member

User Info Menu

Nice to know that it can be used for "Mandaids".
    My name is Jim, but people call me .......... Jim.

Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

I wonder why they didn't mention its medicinal benefits on the web site. I would; unless there was a specific reason not to promote it as such?!?

Maybe I will give them a call on Monday and ask?!?
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

Marksman

User Info Menu

If indeed it’s true the FDA would ban it so...
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

Marksman

User Info Menu

I don稚 believe that using Ballistol as a antiseptic is an approved usage of it by the manufacturer in the USA. I also read that they sell a slightly different formula specifically as an antiseptic but not in the USA. I致e been led to believe that the antiseptic version sells better than the original formula in parts of the world.

My guess is it痴 either one or those reasons or an entirely different one that I don稚 know about yet.

But I did read that Ballistol was approved by the Wehrmacht to be used as an antiseptic during WW2 and that they hadn稚 changed the formula so figured what the hell. A topical application on minor wounds isn稚 that big of a risk. I mean I drove home from work and that痴 risky in EBR.

In my capacity at work I had the opportunity to speak with someone online who was in a African county that had a German history. Sorry for the intrigue I can稚 remember the name of the country. He told me that they used Ballistol all the time as a antiseptic.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others."
    Paraphrase from George Orwell Animal Farm

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    Douglas Adams

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."
    Ash (Bruce Campbell) Army Of Darkness 1992

The Hitler of fun.