Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: Ballistol

Marksman

User Info Menu

I once had a guy who was selling the stuff bulk come by my shop to do a demo. He literally sprayed the shit on his tongue. I do love it for cleaning and lubricating of firearms. It is a superb product. Don't mind the smell of it that much either unless I breath a whole aerosol shot. Then it makes a sneezing fit. The antiseptic is new information though, maybe two cans are in line for the BOB. It works well on wood, and does not break down over time like other oils in water or wet conditions.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I don't recall ever using Ballistol but I cleaned a couple of 3 or 4 handguns yesterday using Trigger Fanatics and IT has an almost medicinal smell to it that reminded me of pine trees. Worked great too! It has a light green color to it.
    "Good food is like good lovin'!"

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N4sir View Post
    I don't recall ever using Ballistol but I cleaned a couple of 3 or 4 handguns yesterday using Trigger Fanatics and IT has an almost medicinal smell to it that reminded me of pine trees. Worked great too! It has a light green color to it.
    Are you sure itís not Simple Green? J/k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others."
    Paraphrase from George Orwell Animal Farm

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    Douglas Adams

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."
    Ash (Bruce Campbell) Army Of Darkness 1992

The Hitler of fun.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Alright, with all the talk about Ballistol I ordered a can the other day and it got here pretty quick. I just took a pistol that stays in a particular place and it reall doesn't get that much lovin'(as in regular cleaning). I unloaded it, took it apart and sprayed it down with Ballistol to sit for a few hours. Man y'all weren't kidding about that smell! It smells like few days old taint juice!!!!! Lol...... I hope if I ever have to use it and it's confiscated at all that no one wonders where it was hidden.
    I'll finish cleaning it later today and it should be ready to go back in it's secret spot.

Sic semper tyrannis

User Info Menu

I may know a local place that just got a shit ton of it in stock if any of you guys are looking for some.
    Last edited by 340six; October 29th, 2019 at 03:44 PM.
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

I like guns because they're f*cking awesome.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Yes Iíd like to know who in the area stocks it please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others."
    Paraphrase from George Orwell Animal Farm

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    Douglas Adams

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."
    Ash (Bruce Campbell) Army Of Darkness 1992

The Hitler of fun.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Walmart sells it online, that might have it in stores.