Steel Case Ammo and My CZP10c

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beau Etienne

Take a Card. Any Card.
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    I did my research on steel case ammo and decided to invest a modest sum on a pistol in which I would use almost exclusively steel case ammo.
    It had to have a good trigger and have at least acceptable accuracy. It had to be a 9mm. Just an all around fun shooter for the range.
    The CZ P0c seemed to fit the bill plus some. I was very happy and had no complaints until today.
    At approximately 1000 rounds (of mostly Wolf steel case ammo), and without notice, she stopped with a case in the chamber and refused to budge.
    Since this happened just today and I've yet to investigate further I don't know what the culprit is. Banging on it and cussing at it made no difference (always my first step in trouble shooting). The slide will not move. This is going to be interesting. To me at least.

Last edited:

Beau Etienne

Take a Card. Any Card.
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    Thank you. I'll try that on mine.

It wasn't the spring problem, but that's something I'll remember. I found my problem to be ammo related.
    My pistol was in full battery and the slide would move back about an inch or so, allowing me to partially see the case rim. I was able to get the blade of my tiniest screwdriver in there and pry the case back a fraction, just enough for the extractor to move the case a little. From there I could retract the slide.
    The primer is pierced and the case itself is swollen at the base. Must have been a hot one. Nine hundred rounds to go.

jtj5002

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Lacombe
    Swollen at the case base means out of battery detonation or double charge most of the time. CZ's have short tight chambers so it could have been a off spec ammo with too long of an OAL. Check your barrel and steel block insert in the frame to make sure there are no damage. P10c are built like tanks so you should be good to go. It's a good gun to run steels in and I never had an issue even with a lighter striker spring.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I had the same thing happen with a PK380. I was able to clear it with a cleaning rod. My Wife insisted on selling the gun after I failed to convince her that it was the ammo.

Top Bottom