Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marksman

User Info Menu

I regularly eat MREs with 2008 inspection dates. Main meals are perfect. I tend to avoid The applesauce.
    If you have any doubts, I’d gladly take them off your hands

Marksman

User Info Menu

I still have MREs from Katrina. I would probably give them the smell test if I was dying of hunger.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Also there are things that can be utilized in the packs that are useful. You may want to go through the packs before tossing the whole box.

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    Also there are things that can be utilized in the packs that are useful. You may want to go through the packs before tossing the whole box.
    The Skittles are probably good long after the date on the box.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    The Skittles are probably good long after the date on the box.
    for making koolaid. lol i still cant eat skittles.

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by krotsman View Post
    I still have MREs from Katrina. I would probably give them the smell test if I was dying of hunger.
    I eat one a few months back from Katrina. I also never got the Corona so maybe it is a cure? There so many things in an MRE to keep it from going bad it kills the Virus.
    I do remember some guy who was in Nam who eats a canned cake when he retired at his party.
    Ya know it was 40 years old if it was in a can.
    Ok here it is kinda cool
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SHohZ2ljC4 Then there is this guy who will try a few things
    Skip to like 18 min I think he eats Peanut Butter from 1957 or fakes it. He sure opens some rank items, real nasty. But is cool to see what was in the package.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkWM6mz_JVo
    Last edited by 340six; May 7th, 2020 at 05:12 PM.