Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

First trip in the woods for 2019

My wife and I went camping near Lake Martin and after a not so good night of sleeping I hit the woods early this morning. The reason being is some person decided to start shooting around 10 pm and fired off about 70 rounds. I’m not joking. We were in the woods and they were a ways off, but holy moly who would do that ? I never heard a police siren which surprised the heck out of me. Now back to my story. The leaves are still very think on the trees but I managed to bag 3. Two grey and one fox squirrel. I saw 8-10 and shot at 4 and killed 3. I was still hunting and only killed one from my hideout. I killed the other two walking back in. I was happy for my first hunt and if work and the weather cooperate I’ll be back in the woods next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Labeeman; October 27th, 2019 at 11:59 AM.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Pah-Yah Pardner!
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

75% kill ratio---sounds good to me!

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

What time is dinner?

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Think I’m going to de bone them and may a jambalaya with the meat. Lately I de bone the squirrels then vac pack the meat and save it til I have enough to make a dish with.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I hear shooting like that all the time at our camp. The neighboring properties are occupied by outlaws.

Congrats on the tree rats. Looks like time for a gumbo.

On Target

User Info Menu

That's a red squirrel my good man

Marksman

User Info Menu

1800GAMETHEFT LDWF or Sheriff Dept. will show up.

Nice hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro