-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

So Tire Rotaion does not inclue tighting Lug Nuts anymore

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...-no/ar-AAJcuaB
    Crazy.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Does this mean I can add a surcharge to a rotation?
    I'm a pistol packing vegetarian. I believe in keeping my options open.

We are asked to not judge Muslims by the actions of a few but gun owners ARE judged by the actions of a few lunatics.

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

Maybe charge per lug nut.
    Or do.them free and not have the liability if the wheels fall off

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Michigan huh? Well hopefully that brain disease epidemic won’t cross the Mason Dixon line...
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct it———
    Bangswitch

Marksman

User Info Menu

I guess all the grease monkeys without brains should go to work in Michigan. And that happens a lot more than anyone wants to admit.

I will give you my Red Rider Carbine Action 200 Shot Range Model Air Rifle when you Pry it From My Cold Dead Hands
    Your Political Correctness is an Attack on my Free Speech

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

A good practice is to repeat the same sequence when putting wheels on. Lug nuts are barely started, tightened in two steps, left front first then move in a clockwise pattern. Boring but efficient.
    The most important thing is a test drive WITH THE RADIO OFF.
    I'm a pistol packing vegetarian. I believe in keeping my options open.

We are asked to not judge Muslims by the actions of a few but gun owners ARE judged by the actions of a few lunatics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Don't forget about oil drain plugs and filters. Plus be sure that the lug nut haven't been tightened to 300 foot pounds and you will never get them off with the wrench supplied with the vehicle if you have a flat. I have a torque wrench and anytime some one else works on a tire I always go back and loosen the nuts and tighten them with my torque wrench.
    Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool
    Everyone is brave until the roach flies

Marksman

User Info Menu

On Target

User Info Menu

One time I got in a wreck and had body work done. The car looked ok from the outside when I drove it off the body shop's lot. One day when I needed to turn around I pulled into a parking space on the side of a business and backed up onto the road again to turn around a guy came running towards my car frantically waving. He pointed to the space I just backed out of and there on the ground was my front bumper cover. It seems the body shop forgot to put in the twenty or so small screws that hold the bumper cover in place so when I backed up it just slid off the front of the car.

Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

This phenomena of not putting stuff back together correctly is actually something relatively new. I started noticing this crap here and there several years ago. It's not just automobiles either.

I cannot express in words how pissed off I get when I notice that a mechanic left a nut here or a bolt there, a screw, a fastener, or anything off of the reassembly. I have resorted to fixing my own crap most of the time for this reason alone and I have less free time than most people.

The saddest thing about this is if you are a good mechanic (way better than okay), you can name your salary. Just the truck repairs centers I use can't keep up with the workload. Chief complaint? Not enough mechanics. WTF?

A good mechanic NEVER leaves stuff off of a reassembly, a hack does! Apparently there are a crap ton of those out there.

As for Michigan, I hope this doesn't mean they vote blue this time around. Morons!
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!