Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Good mechanics are rare, there is an abundance of 'parts changers' tho

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Back in the late 80's when I took auto mechanics in high school, we were practically whipped if we didn't double-check the lug nuts with a torque wrench once the car was on the ground. To this day, I still do that whenever I remove a wheel.

Relying on lawyers and judges for common sense is like wishing for the tooth fairy.

Mike
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Shoot man,F'k ups have been around since the dinosaur's and Fred Flintstone.

Had a shop change the oil and rotate the tires,I pay up and head down the road,5 minutes later I start hearing this Thock,Thock Thock sound.

I pull over and check out the truck,Yep only 2 lug nuts holding the front tire on.

I walk to the auto parts place and make a phone call to the oil change place I had just left,Then I buy some more lug nuts.

Put em on and go back to the tire shop,Dudes like at first he tried to crawfish out of buying a new mag but a blind man could see the holes were wallowed out.

So I stay on his ass until he manned up and bought a new mag.

Now I walk around and look at the lug nuts before I leave the place doing the work.....
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.